⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Dread Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Dread Empty Dread

on Sun 26 Jan 2020, 20:37

The Lord Commander was informed. The letters were sent to both allies and enemies alike. The meeting room was being transformed into a war room. In a few hours he would hold the first strategic consultation with high ranking members of his forces. He knew he had to prepare for the absolute worst, assuming that no one would come to his aid in the battles to come. Before he could worry about all that, however, there was one important task left on his list.

She was avoiding the castle. And apparently the barracks too. There were a few places he could look for her, but there was one that sounded the most logical. He entered Vulcan’s smithy, happy to step into the warmth of the fire burning in the forge at all times. He pulled back the hood of his cape before he walked further into the room. The sound of someone sharpening a blade came from the back. He could already guess. He stopped in the doorway, his pale gaze falling upon his raven-haired sister. ”Manea”, He said to draw her attention, although he knew well enough she had already heard him. He wouldn’t even be surprised if she had already determined it was him by the sound of his footsteps. She was one to pay attention to such details after all.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?

Last edited by Apollo Freyr on Mon 27 Jan 2020, 21:06; edited 1 time in total
Dread Manea-Profil-Gif
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

Dread Empty Re: Dread

on Mon 27 Jan 2020, 10:29
She had cried. Out of all people, she had cried. Out of all things, she had cried. The thought alone was more than enough to make goosebumps raise up from her skin. Other than that, she was also incredibly grateful that her brother had been there for her in that utterly weak moment of hers. Ever since, or rather ever since her ’talk’ with their Lord Commander, she had bypassed the barracks and just about shunned the castle. It was easy to just hang out with Vulcan all day. She still went to train, but the intensity was wavering at best. There was no use in wearing her body down for thing that wouldn’t happen. Manea wasn’t one to give in though so the sessions would still be taxing and long. Another side effect of the little word ’weak’ was that it had opened the door to Diana’s words. Words that had never even lingered for long, yet now all she could hear was how she just didn’t belong. Guess, that stupid dress had been for nothing after all.

Her blade ran over the whetstone in a motion that was comforting in its familiarity. Her ears picked up on a sound, someone entering the smithy, but she didn’t look up. Instead the steel blade went over the whetstone again. Heavy footsteps, male. The rustle of a cape, upper class. Unwavering big steps reminiscent of a Freyr. Loud, announcing his presence with just a step, Apollo. Her name sounded and she had to keep herself from immediately standing to attention. ”Lord Freyr,” she spoke, respectful but distant none the less, eyes glancing over her shoulder as she stopped the movement of her blade against the stone.

When I see my opponent flinch...
I know I've already won.

THE WARRIOR
Dread Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 27 Jan 2020, 21:28

This conversation would not be easy. He had no idea what he had to expect. Their confrontation in the tower had been next level. Of course they had had their differences before. But they had never fought like they had that day. Normally he would not waste time nor energy on making amends. Those who crossed them were not worthy of his attention. He just removed them from his life, from his circle, and moved on. It had always been like that. But this time around he could simply not get over it. She had hurt him and he had hurt her, and he regretted it so much it kept him awake at night.

The truth was that he needed her. Not only because she was his sister or his best warrior. No, he needed her because she was the only one that could understand him. She knew him better than anyone else.. And here she was, pretending she didn’t know him at all. He visibly flinched as she addressed him by his title. For a moment he was speechless. He then squared his shoulders again. ”The time has come. We are at war”, He said. ”The Undying of the Cursed Reach are moving in on Caer Scion”, He added. ”I need you at the front lines”, He then stated. He had chosen his words carefully, yet there was an underlying message. He needed her at the front lines because he wanted her, and no one else, at his back.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Dread Manea-Profil-Gif
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Mar 2020, 22:14
Emotions. Emotions was something the raven had never been adapted to very well, if at all. She had simply been born with certain apathy when it came to life and apart from that she had little to none empathy either. So, whenever she did feel an emotion, it washed over her like a tidal wave, smothering her in intensity, in feeling things she wasn’t used to feel. That had been exactly what had happened when Vulcan had held her close in an embrace, and it was a feeling she never wanted to revisit. She had been hurt but that hadn’t caused the smothering sadness, it was the fact that she had hurt her brother, Apollo, her Lord. That was what kept her wandering the grounds of Caer Scion way past sundown every single night when she wasn’t tossing in her cot. Manea had done her best not to have to face her brother, not to have to talk about whatever she and he had caused. It had been a weird, painful and upsetting feeling of peace when she had been sitting in her brother’s smithy. However, that was broken now.

There he was standing in the door and she caught him flinching with her keen sight. The slight motion caused a survival instinct to spark within her. It caused a shiver running up her spine and she almost let a feral grin slip over her face while she stood up to face him fully, reminding her manners. ”That’s not war, that’s survival. We don’t gain anything by winning,” she spoke clearly in her monotone voice, dark brown eyes looking into pale blue ones. However, she was worried by the news he shared with her and the brunette placed her blade in its sheath. ”Well, I am a member of your army right? The front lines is where I belong,” besides you is where I belong on the battle field, she finished her own words in her thoughts as her gaze didn’t waver. ”So, when do we ride out?” She had slipped up, her aching heart breaking through the cold exterior she was trying to uphold. We as in the two of them, not the whole army, there was a clear distinction between those two.

I know I've already won.
Dread Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 16 Apr 2020, 01:12

Around his family he was a different man than when he addressed his troops or presided a council meeting. He was even more closed off when talking to strangers or when he had to make a public appearance in any other place than the North. Right now he showed more emotion than he had done in the last three years combined. After the death of their father he had rarely let anyone see his pain. But now he could simply not hide it. Because this form of betrayal cut way deeper than any other hurt ever could. He had that same sense of dread pulling him down. His family was falling apart and he was the cause of it. He had pushed her away. He had fucked up.

Biting down on his tongue made him snap out of it for long enough to state the reason for his visit. ”We gain the chance to fight another day”, He reminded her. It was survival indeed, but on another level. They would be weakened, but he would find a way to come out stronger in the end. That was his duty as Lord. Now he had to fulfil his duty as her brother too. It was time to deal with his own pain. He could not get distracted by it once they were out in the field.

”Yes, you are”, He confirmed her words. He then crossed his arms. ”But there is no us riding out before we have properly fixed this”, He stated. She would know well enough he was talking about their shattered relationship. ”I will not put your life at risk because I’m distracted by my feelings. And I can’t expect you to trust me after what I did”, He went on. His stern gaze softened a bit. ”So please, Manea. Tell me how I can earn your trust again.”

Dread Manea-Profil-Gif
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 22 Apr 2020, 16:56
A chance to fight another day; words that caused certain anger to flare in her eyes once again, easily breaking through the apathic mask she had kept in place ever since letting go of Vulcan, even if it was just for a split second. Her eyes closed as she took a deep breath before opening them again and looking at the man. ”Right,” the raven simply stated. He was confusing fighting with hiding, but it wasn’t her task to point that out to him. If a horde of those creatures was really coming down from the cursed reach, that would mean a great loss for the Highlands. It would cripple their army in numbers and ability as many would be wounded. Her gaze went over the man’s shoulder to the outside. He was the Lord, with his guidance she was sure that the region would easily grow above it, even if they spent their days hiding from what they had originally set out to do.

The confirmation did the doubt that had taken root in her heart some good, but it did nothing to kill those thick strong roots that had wrapped around it. Her slipup had made her gaze at the scar on her hand. It had healed rather badly because of the amount of dirt that had settled in it and the fact that she had reopened it before letting her brother clean it up. It was the only physical sign that anything had gone down between Apollo and her, yet she was hurting as if she had lost a limb. His next words pulled her attention back up, her brow furrowed as her dark eyes stared up at him. He was still speaking, and she had no right interrupting him, he was her Lord after all. Her head slightly tilted to the side at his last words, his question, a question she couldn’t answer. She had always trusted him, believing that he trusted her even more. He had shown he didn’t so why should she?

Another deep breath as she looked over her brother. He had grown so much. She had always seen him as a great leader, but now he had also become exactly that. ”Maybe, there is no more need for us,” she stated then, feeling that same choking she had felt in the tower. ”You think I can’t trust my brother after what he did, which is true, how I can trust who doesn’t trust me. However, that doesn’t mean that I can’t trust my Lord. I would trust him blindfolded since I know him to make the right decision for his people,” she spoke more words than she normally does in weeks as she felt like they should be said.

I know I've already won.
Dread Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 27 Apr 2020, 02:58

No matter how hard he fought, he could never win. There would always be certain aspects of his life that were in ashes. He had found his ways to build up a stronger North, but he had neglected the bond within his own family to a point it was starting to break. His brother became engaged to a Southern Lady. His twin sister had despised nearly every decision he had made in the years since he had started his reign, and he knew she had become bitter towards him because of it. His youngest sister preferred running off at every convenience. And now this was broken too. The only person alive who could ever understand the thrill violence gave him. His father had known. Part of him figured the man must have felt the same sometimes. But he had taught them both to control it. Only to let it empower them when they needed it, for the sake of survival and never anytime else.

And now that same person was telling him there was no need for us anymore. That she would trust him as her Lord, but not as her brother, because he had burned that bridge to the ground in a moment of anger, a moment of weakness, a moment in which he should have stayed in control. But he hadn’t. And this was the price. Finally his pale gaze dropped to the ground. He could not bear to look at her anymore. He knew she’d see too much. His vision had become slightly blurry. The sadness didn’t compare to what else he was feeling though. He had failed. ”Father would be so ashamed of me”, He whispered, barely audible over the roaring of the flames in Vulcan’s fire. He then turned around, lifting his chin up again, because no one could see him being as broken as he felt right now. ”You will get briefed in due time. You’ll hear when and where you’re needed”, He then said, his tone still slightly wavering. But by the time he went outside, nothing in his appearance would give away his heart had just been shattered, once again, into a million pieces.

Dread Manea-Profil-Gif
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 27 Apr 2020, 12:21
Having to look up at someone was hard for someone who functioned like Manea, she was better, or felt more comfortable with looking down on someone. That wasn’t something that had developed over time, she had been born with it, as if the arrogance gene that stuck to Diana had somehow settled in her own DNA as well. She knew she was better than most at what she did and wanted them to know as well. Over all those years, she only looked up to a handful of people. Her father, who had lit a fire in her soul that couldn’t ever be extinguished; her eldest brother, who had always loved her with whole his heart and had always taken care of her; her older half-brother and the Lord of the province she preferred. Apollo had been the one she looked at when she had decided that she wanted to become a warrior, her had been her example when she felt like what she did wasn’t good enough, he had been her Lord long before he was actually seated in that chair. And now, they were here, broken in ways she herself couldn’t explain.

Her words were cruel, and what was worse was that she knew that they were, but they were what she had tried to tell herself, to ask herself. A part of her had expected him to lash out, maybe, but instead his gaze dropped and that choking mist that hung in her throat only thickened. The whisper he spoke was only caught by her because she had been solely focused on him and when he turned it felt like the floor beneath her disappeared. As if she had still been standing on the platform of their bond and she had just pulled it out from under her. Suddenly, she found her mind scrambling for ways to tell him what she felt, but not finding any as that was exactly what she was so bad at. Despite not finding the words, she walked out behind him. His stance had straightened, his walk was confident and the same went for her. They weren’t allowed to show weakness outside. ”Brother,” the word drifted through the cold air and every nerve in her body stood on edge as if she was in the middle of battle, ”Do you trust me?” she asked, her voice clear and in that same monotone tone she always held.

I know I've already won.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum