⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Die another day Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Die another day Empty Die another day

on Sun 26 Jan 2020, 19:29

After he had left Lady Maer in the meeting room he made way to the barracks. His pace betrayed he was in a hurry, so much so that no one dared to stop him on his way there. The news he had received had to be shared with the Lord Commander at once. All of them. Days. The defences of Caer Scion had to be prepared for.. Well, the end of the world, really? He marched into the barracks, politely nodding to the people that crossed him, until he reached the office of the Commander. He knocked on the door and entered when the man called him in. He closed the door behind him. His expression had turned dark, almost grim. This was serious. He sighed deeply, allowing himself to show how bad it was.

”Lord Commander, we have a problem.”

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Die another day Tumblr_nogaj0Rgyb1sxwyufo1_400
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

Die another day Empty Re: Die another day

on Sun 26 Jan 2020, 20:11

Alec was busy with looking over somethings. Things were his attention would be going now. Posts that needed to be stationed around the city and further. Cause these recruits needed to start doing some stuff instead of drinking around and doing everything they shouldn’t. As a knock sounded through he stood up and called him in. To his surprise it was Apollo who came in. With a grim look on his face. Making him know enough. Something was going on, something rather important. That needed his attention. ’Lord Freyr. What’s going on?’ He stated as walked passed is desk, leaning on it when he stood in front of it.

“The water hears and understands.
The ice does not forgive.”
Die another day Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 26 Jan 2020, 22:32

The weight of the news was crushing him. He could feel it in his chest. His breathing was irregular as the panic settled in more and more. But he couldn’t break. He had a responsibility to be the strongest man in the Highlands. People would look at him for guidance in these dark times. In all honesty he had no clue how to handle the problem. All he could do was try and tackle it step by step. The first one being informing his Lord Commander. ”I won’t sugarcoat it, Alec. We are fucked”, He said, tossing aside protocol entirely. ”I received word the Undying of the Cursed Reach are coming this way”, He added. ”We need to prepare”, He then stated the obvious. How? That would be up to them to figure out.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 27 Jan 2020, 14:41

Alec had looked at his friend with worry in his eyes. The man seemed visibly out of it, but he was holding himself up. For the sake of what? When he said they were fucked the man raised an eyebrow. This was not Lord Freyr. This was his friend that was talking to him, that was in actual need of help for a change or so it seemed. ’Is there any word on why they are coming here now? During this fucking blizzard?’ He frowned. But indeed they needed to prepare. This was no small threat here. The Undying out of the Reach were worser than the usual ones. They held no remors. ’We need to evacuate. Woman and kids, they need to be out of here. Including your wife, possibly your mother as well.’ The man stated harshly. Only precautionary. ’What do you have in mind?’

Die another day Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 27 Jan 2020, 22:57

The challenge they were facing would go down in the history books. He wanted to make sure they would be on the winning side of it. For that to work out they would have to start preparing now. Hence why he shared the news with the Lord Commander. They would have to coordinate their troops. ”No, though they appear to be running away from something, which is concerning too”, He said while shaking his head. He didn’t even want to know what would cause a monster to run.

First they would have to survive the Undying. Alec was quick to toss in some suggestions. ”Good luck getting my mother to leave Caer Scion”, He scoffed amused. He then turned to the wall, where a map of the surroundings was hung up. ”I will contact my allies. I have faith Lord Vigneron might be willing to help. Then, the Glade. Perhaps Lady Sylversword might be convinced by the fact that if we fail to stop them, her lands will be next”, He shared his thoughts. He lifted his hand and pointed to the southern wall of the stronghold. ”We need to fortify these walls. Dig trenches in front of them. I doubt there will be a coordinated attack. It’s not an army. I don’t even know if they communicate”, He thought out loud. ”Preparing the city will be your job. In the meantime, I will try to get us some reinforcements, but expect we have to do it by ourselves”, He instructed the man. It would not be a normal siege, so he would have to get creative.

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 28 Jan 2020, 14:12

Undying that were running from something. That was never good. Certainly not the ones from the Reach. It was known amongst people that the Undying that resided in those parts were long gone. There was no way that they would be able to be brought back to a somewhat normal state. Shortly he nodded at his words. Very concerning if you asked him. Fuck, how where they going to hold them back? How on earth were they supposed to do this on their own?

’Isn’t that your job Lord Freyr, get your family in safety? All of them?’ He smirked shortly. Alright, this was no time for actual jokes but well he couldn’t just let it be. His eyes shot to the map Apollo was starring at making him hum shortly. ’Forget about them. What about the king? We need the whole fucking army of him.. Sure we can rely on others, but we need the king’s forces too..’ He hummed. That was a sore subject, for the both of them. But well, in times like these it was up to him to speak plainly right? ’I will put the recruits to it. Might I add that we possibly dig a few trenches? So we can set them ablaze one way or another when those pesky creatures come to us?’ He shortly looked at him. Yes, preparing the city was one thing. But getting those that couldn’t fight was another. ’Do I warn the recruits? About what might be coming up? Or do we leave them in the dark as long as possible?’ Some would run for sure. ’Apollo, we need Manea for this as well. I don’t know what happened, it isn’t my business but if we want any chance at winning we need her.’

Die another day Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 06 Feb 2020, 21:51

Doom as upon them and it would come fast. There would be no mercy. No peace negotiations. No deal to strike. These monsters would come for them and their families and friends. Relentless. Until they managed to take them out for good. How did you kill a being that was already dead? The first priority would be to get those that could not fend for themselves either inside the walls of a safer city, like Aeldun, or even get them out of the Highlands. The Iron Ridge should be enough protection. He doubted the Undying would invade the Evergreen.

After discussing the evacuation they could proceed to the actual defence of the capital, and therefore the rest of the Highlands. They had to stop them here. To avoid a true disaster. Alec mentioned they needed the King’s army too. ”I doubt the King will send any help”, He muttered. ”But fine, I will write to him too”, He added. He wouldn’t beg for help. But asking couldn’t hurt. He could put aside his pride when it came to the well-being of his people.

”Trenches sound like a plan. We could also get barrels of oil on top of the walls. Pour it down, set it on fire with arrows, take out as many as we can before they get too close”, He added his own ideas. ”You can warn the recruits in due time. They deserve to know what is coming. Everyone does. I want those that stay to fight to do so on their own terms and because of their commitment, not because they are forced to. They’ll fight better that way”, He said pensively. He would need the bravest of men to face this threat. Not those that wished they could have left when they had the opportunity to.

And then Alec made a comment that made him clench his jaw. His muscles tensed and he stared at the map on the wall without saying anything for what felt like hours. ”Because you are my friend I will forgive you for this comment”, He said, his voice slightly wavering. ”I am aware we need her. I will arrange for her to be there. That’s all I have to say on that subject”, He added firmly. He did not want to discuss this subject, not with Alec, not with anyone. This was between him and his sister.

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 14:38

Killing those who were already dead. It would be the trick at hand. They needed to find a way to get rid of those creatures, because what was the use if they couldn’t figure that out. They needed to do this. For the people of the North. But as well for the rest of Avalance, cause what would stop those Undyings from marching more South? If not them. He hummed shortly as Apollo mentioned that he would write the king as well. ’If there’s no answer, so be it. Than the king doesn’t give a crap about what’s going on in the kingdom but at least you reached out.’ Alec stated calmly.

’Sounds good, but I need to add that some won’t be willing to climb upon the wall to push those barrels down let alone light the oil. But it’s certainly a plan and honestly if I must do it myself then I would.’ Alec hummed. If he needed too he would take on that roll. But he didn’t see any of the recruits willing to be up for that task. ’Off course. I wasn’t planning on forcing anyone. But when it comes down to it, a lot will leave to be with their families or just plainly run. But I’ll find a way to inspire them, with you at my side that’s going to work out.’ Hopefully that was.

As he mentioned Manea he could feel his friend become his Lord again, making him shortly stare down at the ground. Though he stood behind those words. ’I’m not prying my lord. ‘ Alec calmly responded as he stared at the man’s back. ’Thank you, that’s all I ask.’ Alec walked over to him, shortly placing his hand on the other’s shoulder before crossing his arms over each other again. ’The recruits need to be weaponized for this, can I count on Vulcan to do so?’

Die another day Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 08 Mar 2020, 13:59

There was a lot they had to think about. Make sure they left nothing up to luck. It was what his mother expected of him. He knew he could count on Alec to support him with the strategic side of the plans. They had to cover all the steps before he assembled a war council. The more details he could already submit, the better. He did not want to lose any valuable time bickering over stuff he should have figured out already. Alec could give him a different perspective on different matters. Like whether or not he should write the King. ”That is true”, He nodded at his last comment. At least no one could accuse him of not trying.

”Why not? The wall will be the safest place. They can attack from a distance, or from up high”, He argued. It was the last line of defense. He wanted to stop as many before they reached that. ”Perhaps we could use catapults to launch flaming barrels into their midst”, He then thought out loud. Normally those machines of war were used to fire at a city, not away from it, but it could work. He only would have to find a place to put them.

The mention of his younger sister got him up in arms quickly. He did not want to get into that right now. In the end he would see Manea was there, one way or another. The Lord Commander accepted his refusal to speak of the subject. He asked another question. ”Vulcan alone can’t forge weapons and armor for a whole army”, He noted. He knew the man would try if he asked, but it was unfair to ask to begin with. ”I will contact the blacksmith’s guild. My brother can coordinate their efforts”, He decided. That way he knew the guild would properly carry out their tasks.

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 10 Mar 2020, 18:19

Apollo reaching out to the King would state how dangerous the situation was that they were facing. It needed to be done as simple as that. Then it was in the King’s hands. But at least the North would’ve done his duty in reaching out to him and the rest of the country for that matter. ’Because they will be scared. They will be scared as hell. Simple as that, you don’t know what someone will or won’t do when they are scared. If they start feeling trapped, safety won't matter.’ Alec hummed shortly. It was simply stated. ’I like the way you are thinking, but what if they don’t come in flocks? Than barrels and catapults won't have much use don’t you think?’ Shortly he frowned, thinking. ’I mean, what do we know about them? What will keep them out? What will kill them?’

’I know. But he’s the best after all.’ Nothing but the truth. ’Dont we have some alchemist running around? Maybe they have an answer to what might kill or slow down an Undying in that particular state?’ For a moment he pulled his hand through his hair. ’What if people don’t come to our aid? What then?’

Die another day Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 15 Mar 2020, 19:05

His Lord Commander made some valid points. He was hopeful their joint efforts would push the men to press on, no matter how scared they were. ”That is why they need strong and fearless leaders to set the example”, He countered his words. Perhaps Alec should be on the walls indeed. To inspire the troops to fight back to their best capabilities. ”From the intel I have now, they will arrive in larger groups. Perhaps they won’t be coordinated as an army would be, but they are all running in the same direction. If we can hit at least one, it has served its purpose”, He shrugged. Maybe they would be useless for the most part, but at least they’d be prepared if the opportunity came along.

”I gave instructions to our librarians to start researching right away. I hope they find useful information, in time”, He informed the other man of his plans. ”I could indeed ask our alchemists to do the same. I know exactly who to assign to that task”, He added. His Mistress of Whispers was a formidable alchemist. She would be capable of organising a team to do further research. ”Then we try our absolute best to stop them on our own”, He said. ”Either we succeed or perish”, He continued. He shook his head slightly. ”And if we fail, then it won’t be our problem anymore”, He scoffed half-amused, half-terrified. Maybe a joke like that was inappropriate, but he simply had nothing else to say on the matter.

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 17 Mar 2020, 15:03

’Well, we have you. They would follow you.’ Alec smirked softly. It was true, most of the man would follow their lord into anything. But on the walls, that was no place for the warden of the Highlands was it? Certainly not. Off course Apollo was a fearless leader when it came down to anything, but he shouldn’t be upon the walls. He should be with his man right in the midst, maybe in the trenches. ’Let me man the wall. You take the lower ground, fight them off if that needs to happen. You’re right even if we hit one it would be a win. And we can always fill those catapults up with things that splinter as well. For full damage.’

’I think our best bet is on the alchemist. Maybe they can trace whatever those Undying are running from. Because in the end, what scares them. Will obliterate us if we don’t handle correctly right?’ Alec hummed shortly, pulling his hand through his hair. It could only be a few things and Alec had some in mind, but those were to crazy to even think off. ’It’s up to us to make sure we don’t perish. We must succeed. Think of the songs that will be sung about you if we win this. You’re fame will be set in stone.’ The man smirked shortly. But honestly he didn’t want to think about perishing. Cause there was more at stake than just them. The life of Apollo’s wife, his family, Alec’s brother, Willa… A sigh rolled over his lips. ’What will you do with your family?’

Die another day Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Mar 2020, 18:24

Apparently Alec had come to the same conclusion. With the Lord Commander guiding the troops on the walls and himself out in the field they would have the most chance of keeping the men motivated to fight. ”That would be the best approach, yes”, He nodded in agreement. ”Indeed. Even if it doesn’t manage to kill them, hopefully it will slow them down enough so we can finish the job”, He thought out loud. He then shot the other a faint smile. ”Just make sure you aim correctly, would you?” He said. While fighting neither himself or his troops would have the time to check the sky for barrels raining down on them.

The man came with another comment that had crossed his mind too. ”I am aware. But let us focus on this threat first. It’s useless to spend time on trying to prepare for a disaster we don’t know about yet. Survive one threat at a time”, He said. Perhaps they wouldn’t even have to worry about it. Chances were they wouldn’t be around for it anymore. But he would do his absolute best to ensure their survival. And so would Alec. ”Let’s hope you won’t be the one singing them then, your voice was made for shouting at lazy recruits, not to swoon patrons in a tavern”, He jested. In all seriousness though, he wasn’t doing this for fame. He did this to protect the people he cared about. ”They can make their own decisions”, He answered his question. ”Jupiter and Nox are both in the Evergreen. I will ask them to stay there, for their safety, but I won’t stop them if they wish to return. I already know my mother won’t want to leave. Same goes for Manea and Vulcan. But I will have to ask them all, and Diana as well”, He continued. He wouldn’t force anyone to stay or go. It was up to them.

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 14:40

’Please. I have impeccable aim. I won’t scourge a hair on your precious head my lord.’ Alec shortly smirked. It wasn’t a joke but well he could at least try and lighten the mood just a little bit. Cause hard times would be up ahead, he could feel it. ’I’ll select the best recruits to go out with you on the field, the other ones can stay with me. Can I advise something? We have some fine archers amongst our ranks, how about we try the barrels and some flaming arrows. The more hits the better for you guys down there right.’ To be fair he hated not being down there with him, but this was the best plan he could actually come up with to keep everyone motivated.

The Commander nodded shortly. He was right, first worry about the threat that was closest. The rest would follow or not follow depending on how they would actually do against the Undying. ’Whose going to sing them then? You? With all due respect but your voice wouldn’t do it much justice.’ Alec smirked, shortly nudging the man’s shoulder. In a way, this was how it was. Alec and Apollo here talking those important things yet both not afraid to throw in a joke to lighten the mood. And in the end he knew his friend wasn’t doing this for the fame nobody would. They would be fighting for their lives and for the lives of their loved ones. As Apollo continued he nodded. It was indeed their own decision yet, keeping the family safe was something that he was trying to do here. The Freyr’s needed to survive at all costs. ’How about your wife? Where will she be in all of this?’ Maybe he was overstepping here, but there were more heads that he needed to take in account now.

Die another day Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 16 Apr 2020, 01:49

And thus it was decided. The Lord Commander would coordinate the troops on the walls, and he would lead those down on the field into battle. ”You better not. No one would take me seriously anymore”, He grinned back. He then listened to the next suggestion the man had. ”Flaming arrows, yes. That might work”, He said while softly rubbing the rough stubble on his chin. ”I will leave it to you to make a selection”, He nodded. Alec would know best who would be able to keep their nerves under control enough to actually hit the monsters.

The constant teasing was hardly appropriate for a situation as serious as this one. At the same time it helped him stay sane during this crisis. He knew that the atmosphere in the council room would be entirely different to this, so he tried to enjoy it as long as it lasted. Soon enough they got more serious again as well. Discussing the fate of the rest of his family. That now included his wife as well. ”It is only fair I give her the same say in it. She will be safer down South, that is true. But I don’t think she will be easily shipped off”, He said pensively. ”She is a warrior, in case you hadn’t noticed”, He said, an appreciative smile faintly curling around his lips. She would certainly put up a fight if he tried to send her away.

Caro

Character Sheet
Alec Winchester
Alec Winchester
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 16 Apr 2020, 02:03

Maybe not the spot he had wanted to take. But he was needed there and that would be more than enough for him. Chances were he wouldn’t stay there during the fight so that was that. ’Can’t have a lord that is not off a certain age go bald sooner ey?’ A smirk formed on his lips from ear to ear. He nodded. ’I’ll pick out he finest people for the job.’ He had already made up a list inside his head, so well that was that. People who would hold their ground and not crumble when danger was facing them.

Maybe what they were doing wasn’t completely done by the book. But in the end. Apollo had come here first to let his first fears out and it was up to him to make some witty comebacks about that? To keep it airy. ’It is not up to me what you tell your wife. But, just suggest it yes. To your entire family preferably.’ Alec grinned shortly. Eventually standing up again and looking at the man. ’You should go. I have a ton of shit to prepare and well, you have a ton of family to inform and send down south. The safety of the Freyr’s above all.’ He hummed shortly, nodding at him. Yeah, Alec would go around breaking his head about what was to come. But Apollo was the one to inform his family and see that most of them were out of here before the Undying came near.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum