Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

SPRING

Winter has left Avalance. In the South of Avalance, the green color of Spring is returning and since the disappearance of Stormbringer, the North hasn't been bothered by any more storms.

Current Event

A Dream of Ice

A Dream of Ice is coming to an end, with four lucky people finding the egg of a dragon. What will happen next?

Account switch

Username

Password

Discord

Credits

Copyright ©2019 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

Special thanks to madeinsevilla93 for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Tyrr Larsson
Mini-avatar : Running up that hill Jason-momoa-gif-icons-3
IC posts : 69
Alias : Demi

Character Sheet
Religion: Sun and Moon
Tyrr LarssonAvalance Citizen

Running up that hill Empty
Running up that hill

on Sun 26 Jan 2020, 16:36

let me die first
or i will die twice

It was as if the world was crumbling and falling. Not only his personal one, also the world at large. The Highlands were under siege by a sudden plague of undying that hailed from the far north, all while they were facing the harshest winter since human remembrance. It was as if the gods were trying to punish them, although Tyrr had no idea for what. Not only were his people in danger, he also had to bear the burden of his wife’s banishment. Something he found impossible to cope with, although that did not show on the outside. He dealt with it the same way he dealt with any kind of hardship that was thrown his way: internally. Tyrr noticed that he had become more irritable, explosive even. It was easier for others to set him off, which made him isolate himself in order to protect them from his rage.

So, he had chosen to leave the Skarsgård castle behind. There was nothing left for him there. Freyja’s siblings were better fit to rule than he was, and his skills were needed elsewhere. On horseback, he had made his way to Caer Scion yet again in order to join the ranks to fight the undying. His first stop was the Lord Commander himself, who was said to be at the barracks this time of day. With three thick layers of pelts stacked upon his shoulders – making him look even bigger than he was – Tyrr approached the man. “Lord Commander Winchester,” he spoke, bowing his head in respect. “I have come to offer my sword in battle.” He had nothing left to lose, after all. He would lay down his life in battle if that was what it took.

death, too,

must be earned
Alec Winchester
Mini-avatar : Running up that hill FPmWvaJ
IC posts : 134
Alias : Caro

Character Sheet
Alec WinchesterAvalance Citizen

Re: Running up that hill

on Mon 27 Jan 2020, 14:56

Alec was busy with screaming orders around, making sure everyone was filled in on about what was actually going on. On what threat was upon them. Making sure to put it in the minds of even the youngest recruits to always be armed. To always be alert. Soon enough they would be sent out to actually fight, to wipe out the threat that was facing them. This whole ordeal was something he had prepared for unknowingly cause he would’ve thought it actually be war upon the South he had been preparing for. But all that preparation came down to this. Their ranks had grown massively the past few months and it was all for this. To throw them in front of actual Undying. Unnatural being, with such a brutal force that most of them wouldn’t even stand a chance.

Soon he walked out of the warmth of the barracks, pelts stacked upon his shoulders. Staring at a man that came forward. One he didn’t recognize, one that looked rather massively. But in the end so did he, so was he impressed? Actually not. He only frowned at the man in question. But when there actually sounded some form of respect through his words he nodded at the man. ’And might I ask who are you? And do you know what we are up against?’ He spoke plainly. Not having the actual time to use formalities or what so ever.

Tyrr Larsson

Character Sheet

on Wed 29 Jan 2020, 12:23

let me die first
or i will die twice

From the get-go, it was clear who commanded this part of Caer Scion. A dark-haired man was distributing orders as if it was something he did every single day. And it probably was. He seemed right at home here, which made Tyrr feel a little better about the fate of the Highlands. At least the army was being led by a man who seemed rather capable of doing so. Tyrr just watched him for a few moments, before approaching the shorter man. He frowned, but asked who he was. And whether he knew what they were up against. A good question, but Tyrr found it hard to answer. Did anyone really know what they were up against?

“My name is Tyrr Larsson, Lord Commander,” he introduced himself. His name didn’t say much. He didn’t come from a noble house, and his surname was largely unknown by anyone from this part of the North. All he could be known for around here, was that he was betrothed to Lady Freyja of House Skarsgård. “I’m from the White Woods.” A humble region of the province. For a few seconds, he pondered on telling the man that he was engaged to Freyja Skarsgård, but he figured it did not matter. After her banishment, it may even reflect on him badly. “I have faced an undying before, but never in their final stage.” Their final stage was the stuff of horror stories. Tales that old hags told young children to scare them from going into the woods at night. Creatures that he didn’t wish upon his worst enemy, but now he was going to fight them himself.  

death, too,

must be earned
Alec Winchester

Character Sheet

on Thu 30 Jan 2020, 16:18

Tyrr Larsson. A name he would try and remember. But these days he heard lots and lots of names. Some more important than others. But in the end what did importance mean? When they were off fighting for their lives? Tyrr seemed like a more than capable man to be fair. The man was from the White Woods. Making him nod. It wasn’t easy to actually be living there for sure. Which made Alec actually really believe that this man was maybe more than capable to actually have around.

’I’m not going to paint a lovely picture around it. We need all the help we can get Tyrr. But you need to know that this endeavor might mean that you die, that I die, that the Highlands will just became a wasteland.’ He stared him right in the eye. Making sure that the man truly understood what could happen here. ’I just hope that you said your goodbyes if you had any.’ He nodded. Alec hadn’t. The past couple of weeks something had set in him. He missed Willa, he actually missed her snarky comments and more. And here he was, preparing for what could be the biggest battle in his lifetime. A battle that could mean sudden death. And he couldn’t even reach her if he wanted too. Which pained him to be fair, more than he was willing to show. ’Your help is welcome. I hope you can take orders. Cause I won’t tolerate any disruptions.’

Tyrr Larsson

Character Sheet

on Fri 31 Jan 2020, 18:49

let me die first
or i will die twice

Tyrr did not hail from some fancy house, but he figured that wasn’t a prerequisite for enlisting in the Highlands’ army. If anything, it was mostly men with meaningless surnames who joined the ranks. Expendable soldiers that were being sent into the cold to die the most honourable death. A fate that Tyrr was hoping to share someday. Men from noble houses were usually appointed as officers and generals, using their influence to acquire a more respectable position. Unfortunately, not all of them were all that adept when it came to battle strategies. From what Tyrr had gathered, however, Lord Commander Winchester was quite a skilled tactician, which is part of why he had chosen to enlist.

The man then went on to paint a rather bleak picture, one in which hope was scarce. Tyrr nodded. He understood the severity of the threat, which is why he wanted to give his all to help defeat it. If no one stood up to fight, they would already have lost. There was a brief glimmer in his eye when Lord Commander Winchester hoped he’d said his goodbyes already. In a way, he had. Freyja had parted from him with no promise of return, so what was really left to say goodbye to? “Orders will not be a problem for me,” he assured the other man. He had followed orders all his life, and although most people thought he didn’t look the part, he was quite an obedient man. He wasn’t born to be a leader. “I am going to need some proper weaponry, though. Do you know where I could find it?” His hunting gear wouldn’t do in close combat with an actual undying.

death, too,

must be earned
Alec Winchester

Character Sheet

on Sun 09 Feb 2020, 14:26

Alec wasn’t try to scare this man away, certainly not. They could use all the help they could possibly get. But Tyrr here, needed to know what was at stake. Cause in the end he didn’t want this man throwing away his life for the greater good of protecting their lands? The man seemed like a great addition to their ranks for sure, certainly with what was coming .Something that they could actually be counting on. He had spotted that little glimmer in his eyes when he mentioned the goodbyes. Which would’ve made him frown but in respect of the situation he chose to stay silent and just listen to the man in question.

’Alright, that’s all I needed to know. I’ll go to the barracks to see if you have a place to sleep right there.’ He hummed, it was the least he could actually do for the man in question. Provide a place where he could actually sleep and regain his strength for what was out to come. ’Go to the royal smithy, Lord Freyr’s brother works there, he’ll get you suited up. Tell them I’ve sent you.’ That would do the trick in getting Tyrr the best gear without him needing to actually pay it. ’You’re a hunter right?’

Tyrr Larsson

Character Sheet

on Sat 14 Mar 2020, 14:08

let me die first
or i will die twice

Wars weren’t fought by volunteers, Tyrr knew. Most people that would eventually end up at the front lines, would not do so willingly. It wasn’t strange, of course. Who would submit themselves to fighting the undead, to dying a slow yet painful death? Even considering what was at stake, there were only a few people who would be willing to throw themselves into the fire so easily. Tyrr, however, didn’t know anything else. He was raised with the belief that the only way to achieve an honourable death was to die in battle, to lay down your life for your fellow countrymen. In his eyes, that was the ultimate goal. And now that he nothing left to lose, he was ready for it.

The Lord Commander stated that he would see if he could arrange a place for him at the barracks. Tyrr nodded. “Thank you, my lord,” he said, bowing his head ever so slightly in gratitude. He was then advised to go to the royal smithy, and to ask for Lord Freyr’s brother. Tyrr nodded again, making a mental note of the small task for later. “I am, my lord. Have been for quite a few years now,” he stated. “And I’ve worked as a guard to the late Lord Skarsgård before that.” Hopefully, that would be a testament to his skill in combat.

death, too,

must be earned
Alec Winchester

Character Sheet

on Tue 17 Mar 2020, 15:23

This war, it would be one that would be written about, sung about. And Alec was hoping they would be singing of their glory. He was hoping that this win would help his Lord achieve things, even more things. Cause if this would help Apollo, it would help the North almost guaranteed. And they needed a win, they desperately needed one. Tyrr was not a man like many others, sure they had gotten a few volunteers and other knights from other cities. But the fact that a fellow northerner would stand side by side with him here. Well that was something that he could actually draw strength from.

’Lord Skarsgård hm?’ Alec nodded. Alright, that meant that he had some fighting spirit in him. Which was certainly good for what theyw were up against. ’That means you’re skilled. That you don’t need extra training. But please, if you do need a sparring partner I’ll be happy to help you out with either one of my recruits or well by throwing myself in a sparring contest with you.’ Not that he had much time for that second idea, but well he could make time if it was needed. ’Thanks for your help. The north will remember.’

Tyrr Larsson

Character Sheet

on Wed 18 Mar 2020, 11:01

let me die first
or i will die twice

Chances were that they had found themselves in the middle of history right now. This was an occurrence Tyrr had never heard of before, not even in the worst horror stories that the people in his village had to tell. The undying, as far as he knew, had never left the Cursed Reach before. One could only try to imagine what had made them want to leave in the first place. Fighting the undead was one thing, but fighting someone that they feared was a whole other mess. Tyrr could only wonder whether there would be enough people to fight the threat.

He nodded when Lord Commander Winchester repeated after him. Lord Halldor Skarsgård had always been good to him, and in turn, Tyrr had given him his undying loyalty. Things had changed tremendously over the past few years, however. Now, once again, he’d find himself left with nothing. There was a hint of a smirk on Tyrr’s face when Lord Commander Winchester told him to just request someone if he was in need of a sparring partner. “Will do, my lord,” Tyrr said with a steadfast nod. He was then thanked for his help, which he was quick to wave off. “Anything to protect our home.” The North was more than just another province of Avalance. They were their own people, more than anything else.

death, too,

must be earned
Alec Winchester

Character Sheet

on Wed 18 Mar 2020, 18:39

’Is Lady Skarsgård safe?’ Sure, the man had heard about the dealings of the lady. But in the end, safety did mean more than whatever she had done. And if he was here, that means that his lady didn’t have his protection. Which could mean a few things but who was he to draw concusions about that? As Tyrr nodded he hummed, see that was what he needed. The steadfastness of the northmen. It was something that no other region had. No, the loyalty that Lord Freyr got and therefor he got as his Lord Commander. Was something unseen.

’Indeed. Let’s fight for her hm? To keep her safe from those vile creatures and whatever they are running from!’ Alec hummed shortly. Nodding again. Maybe a man like Tyrr was something they could use, someone that could boast the recruits up. Something that he himself could do if he had more hours in a day. ’You don’t mind sleeping with the recruits right?’ Shortly he pulled his hand through his hair, hoping that he could actually maybe put the man to work already. Without consulting his Lord for that matter but this was a judgement call.

Tyrr Larsson

Character Sheet

on Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:20

let me die first
or i will die twice

A sudden lump formed in his throat when the Lord Commander inquired about his betrothed. The wound of her exile was still very fresh. “I do not know, my lord,” he admitted. “After her banishment, she travelled south. I haven't heard from her since.” After her departure, Tyrr had not heard anything of her anymore. He couldn’t read and write, so there was no way for him to keep in touch. And now that he was enlisting to fight on the front lines, there may very well be a chance that he would never hear from her again. It was a thought that he didn’t want to hold on for too long.

Lord Commander Winchester encouraged him to fight for the North, to which Tyrr convincedly nodded yet again. There was nothing dearer to him than his home country, and the people that lived in it. He would move mountains in order to protect it. Tyrr quickly shook his head when the Commander asked whether he’d mind sharing a sleeping space with the other recruits. “Not at all, my lord,” he answered. He wasn’t above his peers. If anything, it would probably be good for him to get acquainted with his new allies. The closer their bond, the harder they would fight for each other.

death, too,

must be earned
Alec Winchester

Character Sheet

on Fri 20 Mar 2020, 20:35

Shortly Alec frowned about what he was saying. ’Tell me Tyrr, was there something going on between the two of you? No judgement is here and since how it is looking know it will be something I take to my grave.’ The man shortly hummed. Cause if that was true well, in the end nothing changed they were here and the others were somewhere else. God knows where. In the end it also wasn’t any of his business so maybe he should just shut up about it as a whole. ’Don’t mind me. If you want to keep that to yourself so be it.’ He hummed shortly glancing around.

As the man stated that he didn’t mind. Alec shortly smiled. Good. ’Then I have a task for you, if you’re willing to.’ But well, he wouldn’t see why the man wouldn’t do something that simple. It would only benefit them all in the end. ’The recruits could use some direction, someone to amp them up sort off. Cause in these times, which are rather desperate they need to know where they are needed. They need to know for what and who they are fighting. Would you be willing to do that?’ He shortly measured the man up. Anything coming from him would be intimidating considering the size of him. And that was coming from him. So if anyone, why not Tyrr to do this little task?

Tyrr Larsson

Character Sheet

on Wed 25 Mar 2020, 23:06

let me die first
or i will die twice

The next words out of the Lord Commander’s mouth puzzled him a little bit. The man inquired whether there was something between Lady Freyja Skarsgård and him. No judgment. “She’s my fiancée. We will get married after her return.” Because Tyrr still believed that she would somehow manage to earn back her place in the North, even though he had no idea how long it would take. Perhaps he wouldn’t even be alive to see her return. He believed it was generally known that Lady Skarsgård had decided to marry a commoner. Him in particular. It was no secret, and it absolutely wasn’t something he wished to hide from the rest of the world.

Tyrr raised a curious brow when the Lord Commander stated he had a task for him. His head perked up a little more, eyeing the other man. Apparently, he needed someone to inspire the other recruits. To increase morale a little bit before they would head into battle. Tyrr wasn’t exactly the kind of person to stand up in front of a crowd and speak. He preferred to let his actions do the talking. But he did love his home country, and he would do anything if it meant that their people would be safe, so he confidently nodded. “Of course, my lord,” he ascertained the other man. “I will do anything I can to prepare them for battle.” Some would argue that one could never be prepared for whatever they would face when the undying reached the city. That didn’t mean he wouldn’t try.

death, too,

must be earned
Alec Winchester

Character Sheet

on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 16:21

Alec nodded shortly. A smile caressing his lips. ’I’m not scolding you. I knew the lady was engaged. I just didn’t know to whom.’ He nodded at the man. Yes, it was hard, certainly if she wasn’t even in the North right now. The fact that he couldn’t actually say his goodbyes. ’Fight for her, for her and the North. I hope she will be able to return to you one day.’ The Lord commander shortly stated and thereby closing that subject cause it wasn’t any of his business now was it? But it was surely something he wouldn’t forget. Certainly not if he needed to reach out to someone if Tyrr fell and he managed to survive. Though, just maybe the gods would grant them this and they would all survive.

’You don’t need to talk some sense into them. Just keep your ears up and talk to them one on one if needed. They won’t confide in me during these times, but maybe they will confide in you.’ The man calmly stated. It wasn’t the simplest of tasks for sure he knew that. But it would be better if it wasn’t him doing this. Though off course he would help out, he would keep his ears to the ground talk to them if needed. But he needed someone on the inside as well and just maybe Tyrr would be perfect. ’But thank you, we can use all the help we can get. He hummed. Shortly looking around. ’I think it’s time I take my leave and see to how the preparations are coming along. Don’t be a stranger, and I’ll see you soon.’ With those words Alec took his leave.

Tyrr Larsson

Character Sheet

on Fri 27 Mar 2020, 22:19

let me die first
or i will die twice

The other man smiled as he informed Tyrr of his limited knowledge about his engagement to Lady Freyja Skarsgård. Tyrr merely nodded in response. His name did not ring many bells among the noblemen of the Highlands, so it never really surprised him if they hadn’t heard of him before. The Lord Commander urged him to fight for his betrothed, as well as for the North. [b“I hope she will too,”[/b] Tyrr agreed. He would count himself among the luckiest men in the world if she did, but at the same time, he wasn’t too naïve to forget about the reality of the situation. This fight would be a historic one. The kind that demanded a lot of casualties to be won.

He carefully listened to Lord Commander Winchester’s advise as the man spoke. The soldiers might be more inclined to listen to someone who was more like them: a commoner. Tyrr understood where he was coming from, so he nodded once again. “I will try.” That was all he could really do at this point, wasn’t it? The other man then thanked him for his help, and excused himself. “I will see you around, my lord,” Tyrr said, with another respectful nod to indicate his goodbye. He would head to the smithy to find some weaponry, and then get settled with the other soldiers in the barracks. His new life would begin here.

death, too,

must be earned
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum