⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Monster Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Magic: Undying
Élise Deveaux

Monster Empty Monster

on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 21:53

Betrayal. Élise could hardly believe that this was truly happening to her, though she should have known all along. Nothing was more important to her father than their goal. Like she herself, he would sell his soul to get there. But he wasn’t like her. He couldn’t see the possibilities that had unfolded in front of them. He couldn’t see how what happened to her, could quite possibly be the best thing ever.

Or, so she thought in this moment. The young woman experienced many mood swings at the moment, going from feeling like she was on top of a mountain, to wanting to jump off the highest cliff in Avalance. Her heart was on fire in a desire to rule the world, yet in a desire to end her own. In this moment of absolute weakness, the woman had traveled back to the one place that truly was home. Not the tower, no place in the Evergreen. It was with her father. And he had put her here.

A soft growl was audible as she shook the metal of the cage, though knowing that it wouldn’t do a thing. She wasn’t the first monster to be locked up here and she wouldn’t be the last. Yet, she couldn’t help but shake it softly, hearing it clang with every movement it made. She was going to get out of here. Someone was going to be loyal to her, rather than her dad. And then she was going to make him regret what he had done to her.
<3

Monster Qlslq9Q
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: Dragonriding
Jules Deveaux
Jules Deveaux
Avalance Citizen

Monster Empty Re: Monster

on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 22:31

Fucked. That was the only word he had to describe this whole mess and a half he had found himself in. Fucked beyond the normal weight of the word, honestly. It was fucked times five. During dinner, a group of guards had stormed in to grab his sister. His father had decided that Élise was a threat, that she had to be taken care of, that she was too dangerous to leave roaming about the mansion. He could understand that the initial shock had taken the best of him. It had shocked him too, after all. He had handled it way better than the older man though. At least he had never felt the need to lock her up in some kind of cage because he was scared of her.

Because that was exactly what this was, wasn’t it? He was afraid. And thus he had locked her up. Two days later and she was still locked in that cage. And it was wrong. What he was going to do now, was wrong too. He would go against his father’s wishes and free her. Jules eight months ago would have rushed in to free her on day one. But he knew better now. Outsmarting his father would be extremely difficult. He wasn’t even sure if he could pull it off. But he had to try.

Finally the time had come to put his plan in motion. It had been prepared in just a day and a half, but it was visible he had worked hard. The fact that he looked like he could collapse from tiredness proved enough. But he wouldn’t collapse. He was running on pure adrenaline. He appeared nervous as he entered the basement. The guard had been taken care of, and it would take a while until the next one would come to relieve him from his duty and take his place. But they wouldn’t have time to waste.

”Élise”, He whispered as he entered the basement. He had brought a torch, which added to the light coming from a single candle burning in the room already. He placed it inside a holder against the wall and walked over to the cage. ”Are you alright? Are you hurt?” He asked as he took the keychain out of his pocket to look for the one that would open the lock. He could feel the tension in the air, his breathing was agitated because of the stress, but he would get her out. No matter the cost.

Even though beneath it all, I know I'm going to end up somewhere fine. I still find a reason that cuts deep enough to blur what's on my mind. I can't take the pressure off myself, it's getting hard to ask for help, but I need it. And I'm throwing coins into the works and pushing for a sign to tell me I'm breathing.  I know that I lose my temper, find my senses in disorder.
Monster Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Élise Deveaux

on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 22:50

Gently, her tongue brushed the sharp fangs. She could feel it, how they wanted to sink in the first piece of flesh they could find. Her nose picked up so many scents unfamiliar to her, yet the beast inside knew exactly what they were. Becoming what she hated the most had taught her so many things in such a short time. Some of which she liked, while others only caused her hatred to grow.

How time and time again these monsters would tell her that they were still who they were before - that they were no monsters. It was a lie. She could feel it inside of her, an unfamiliar darkness tearing at her soul and bones. A hunger for blood and a desire for death, a wish to break the neck of the man who had raised her. A thought that would have never come up in her mind before today. And now, here it was. And how she was visualising it happening. There were so many ways to kill a man. She could stab him, cut his throat, rip out his heart, feed him to the dogs... So many options, yet she only ever needed one.

Hypersensitive senses caused her to pick up the sound of someone coming closer. She tried walking back, accidentally putting too much power into her own movement, smacking her back against the wall as her widened eyes watched him come closer. She didn’t recognize him at first. His scent was still strange to her and it no longer were her eyes that she used first. But, as soon as she saw him, she felt herself pressing her back against the wall even more, eyes still wide open as his words seemed to go right through her. “Don’t,” she warned him. He was going to free her. “If I don’t feed I’ll go mad,” she warned him. Not because she was worried she’d hurt him - but because she knew she was going to kill every living soul inside this house.
<3

Monster Qlslq9Q
Wolf

Character Sheet
Jules Deveaux
Jules Deveaux
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 19:44

The solution he came up with proved that he was not at all ready to strategize by himself just yet. He still needed some guidance when it came to making plans like this one. At the same time no one could blame him for having to improvise quite heavily on this one. It was not every day he had to free his now Undying sister from a cage in the basement of their childhood home. Let alone that the one who had put her there in the first place was their father. He had no clue what the man hoped to achieve with all this. Because now she was locked up. Then what?

Would he try to kill her? Let her starve and become mad? None of those options were anywhere near the future Élise deserved. He had always admired his father but the past few months had made him realise he had been looking up to the wrong person all along. She had taught him to think like a Deveaux. More than his father had ever cared to do. And now he had to prove her lessons had paid off.

Sneaking her out would not be the issue. The problem was that she was the daughter of a powerful man with loyalists everywhere. And he doubted Mathieu would happily let her live her life in peace. When she tried to stop him from opening the lock, a sad smile appeared around his lips. She had always told him to use all his resources to the fullest, hadn’t she?

”I’m aware”, He said. He paused for a moment, looking at her with a doubtful expression. Of course she wouldn’t like being used as a weapon. He wouldn’t like it either. But did they have another choice? ”Think about it. He will never let you go. You’ll have a target on your back wherever you are”, He explained. ”And we can leave no witnesses”, He added. ”No one will be suspicious if an Undying killed an entire household here up North”, He gave his final argument. It was the only way he could picture actually working. He could stab everyone but then people would look for a killer. ”Give me an alternative”, He then whispered. He would follow her in case her plan was better, but he feared this was how it had to go.

Even though beneath it all, I know I'm going to end up somewhere fine. I still find a reason that cuts deep enough to blur what's on my mind. I can't take the pressure off myself, it's getting hard to ask for help, but I need it. And I'm throwing coins into the works and pushing for a sign to tell me I'm breathing. I know that I lose my temper, find my senses in disorder.
Monster Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Élise Deveaux

on Fri 17 Jan 2020, 00:18

In the past, Élise would have found a way out of a mess like this without any blood. She would have convinced others that she was the one they should listen to. A perfect mess of wickedness and beauty, she seemed to be able to get in everyone’s head with a simple smile, batting her lashes at someone to get into their heart. But now, there was someone in the way of that process. Something the woman wasn’t used to. The one reason she had always been ahead of everyone, was her lack of emotions. And now her head was overflowing with them.

The past few months, she and her brother had bonded like they hadn’t in their entire lifetime. Finally, she had been able to show him who she was. The girl she had played to be back home, the one she pretended to be when they were in public, it had never been here. Élise was wicked, a Deveaux through and through. More than her father was, even. She had a mind like a knife, able to cut through every situation without a moment of hesitation. Jules had seen this part of her and slowly, started to see this in himself as well. From the angry boy she had taken with her months ago, he was slowly turning into the man that would help her rule it all. Brother and sister, side by side, like it should have always been.

Until everything was ruined. And now she stood here, looking at him as he spoke. He understood what she meant, but he seemed prepared for that. Because if they kept anyone in this house alive, she would have a target on her back. Right in this moment, she could kill them all. They could blame it on one of the Undead from the mountains and live happily ever after. She could blame her father for everything that had happened in the past. Everything would finally come together. And in that moment, her anger won from rationality. She wanted to see blood from everyone who had allowed this to happen.

Jules asked her for an alternative, but she shook her head. “I will rip them to shreds,” she hissed, anger laced in her voice in a way she had never sounded before. She stepped forward again, followed by another step. Slow movements, before placing her hand on the metal bars again. Her brown eyes met her brother’s as she looked up, a fire burning inside of her that warmed her dead heart.
<3

Monster Qlslq9Q
Wolf

Character Sheet
Jules Deveaux
Jules Deveaux
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 19 Jan 2020, 22:51

Since she had been cursed he was never sure what to expect of her anymore. She was.. Different, yet the same. He recognised his sister in the way she carried herself. Proud and undefeated, headstrong, smart, cunning. She was still Élise to him and she would always be exactly that. But the way she hissed her response, the anger so clear in her tone, made a shiver run down his spine nonetheless. It was that bloodthirsty side of her that was new to him. He had seen her torture people in cold blood. She had done so because it had been necessary. It was business and she handled it exactly like that: just business. Doing what had to be done.

The fire burning in her eyes as she looked up made him feel cold again. He reached out slowly, placing his hand on top of hers as she held onto the cage. He then nodded and continued to open the lock. ”We have an ally. Runa, Arno’s sister. She made sure you can get to him”, He informed her. ”She locked herself in her room. It would be nice if you could spare her life”, He added. He had kind of promised to help her out of this place after it was all said and done. If she died, then it would be collateral damage. At least he had tried. The lock opened with a soft clicking sound. He stepped aside so she could emerge, opening up her path towards the staircase.

Kid, get up. Spit your blood and bare your teeth. Go down a savage, go down fighting.
Monster Giphy
Wap

Character Sheet
Élise Deveaux

on Sun 26 Jan 2020, 00:45

The touch of his hand was unfamiliar, yet in its strangeness did lie a certain familiarity. His hand had never felt warm the way it did now. She could feel it all, feel the difference in temperature between his and her skin. How she was dead, and he was not. And that was the one thing she needed to keep that way. Through it all, she needed her brother to survive. She would watch the entire world burn, but not him or Elayne. Through it all, they needed to live. She would make sure of that.

Allies. It seemed that they did still have them. Arno’s sister, Jules said. This was enough for Élise to nod. Arno was more loyal than anyone she had met in her life. If there was one thing he deserved, it was the chance to get his sister on the right side. If he failed to keep her as an ally, however, Élise would not mind ending her life. Arno would understand. She just hoped that it didn’t have to come to that, as there would be enough blood on her hands after today. And it would all be for her survival. Just her own. Was this still a case of sacrificing the few for the many, if she did it just so she could save herself?

The lock opened and she knew it to be true. For if she did not live on, the Syndicate would die here. Jules was not yet ready to take over and her father was incapable of seeing the way it needed to go. He was a liability and his reign needed to end here and now. While she had not expected it to be in this way, she could accept it. Today, a new world would open up to them. Those who wanted to follow her in it, would be welcome to. Those who wanted to stay in their old one, could die along with it.

Runa,” she spoke, as she moved through the open door. Her fingers slowly moved against the bars as she walked over the stone floor, her heels audible with every step she took. Slowly, graciously, as if nothing had changed. Yet the metal didn’t feel cold against her fingers and she could smell them all. “I will keep her alive,” she said, as she placed her foot on the first step of the stairs. She looked back at him, tilting her head slightly sideways as she raised her brows. “I don’t think you want to see what will happen here, brother,” she warned him. “You might want to leave before the war starts.” And with those words, she walked up the stairs.
<3

Monster Qlslq9Q
Wolf

Character Sheet
Jules Deveaux
Jules Deveaux
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 28 Jan 2020, 18:10

Letting Élise out of the cage would result in tragedy. She had become a lethal weapon. Cursed by a monster. He dared to hope she would not turn into one too. He could still perfectly see his sister standing in front of him. There were just.. Glimpses. Hints of the insanity clawing at her heart. He wanted to believe she wouldn’t let it out. Not when it was not necessary. Tonight, she had to. There was no other way. He had looked at it from so many different angles, but this was the solution. She had always believed in him and now he would believe in her. The old world would die tonight, and she would rise at the head of a new empire.

After she had promised to keep Runa alive, she moved to the stairs. With a warning she advised him to leave. He nodded. He would. There was just one more thing he had to do. He waited until she disappeared upstairs and then some minutes more. He took a deep breath. He grabbed the torch again. This basement held more secrets than the dungeon. He knew his father kept an archive. And he hoped to find some information there. Information he might have never acquired while his father still lived. But tonight he would die, along with the power he held over him.

GO DOWN A SAVAGE
go down fighting。

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum