⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Brotherly love - Page 2 X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

Brotherly love - Page 2 Empty Re: Brotherly love

on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 18:59

Family truly meant everything to him. Up until a few years ago he resented Apollo for being born, he truly did. But he had managed to move past that, loving everyone in his family as an equal. But he tended to draw more to his biological sister, which wasn’t super strange in the end right? They shared way more than they shared with any of the others. So taking care of her, it was more important to him than anything else. Because if she should ever fall, he would too. One of the reasons why he did what he did, to grant her everything his work could offer. In the best way possible. That was one of those little ways that he had established in taking care of her. Stuff like this, that was more major. That didn’t happen to often. Her words made him frown softly, making him shrug softly. ’He has just been a better brother to you, giving you someone that understands you entirely. So don’t apologize for that.’ It was true. Vulcan was very different then his younger brother, yet on the other hand they were the same in so many things. But not the things that his sister cared about. Which hurt, but he was working past that.

So the words that Apollo had mentioned to his sister, they let a died down anger flare up again. Where did that one actually got the guts to talk to Manea in that way? It was in no way just and hell, this was enough reason for him to actually start hating the guy again if he wasn’t in his right mind. ’He’s a stuck up little twat if you ask me.’ Vulcan shortly grumbled shaking his head. ’He’s a fool for calling you weak. You’re one of the strongest warriors I know.’ Leaving out the woman bit. Because she ranked higher then their brother and maybe their Lord Commander. This wasn’t because he was biased. But with the sword she had, she was stronger than the two of them that much he did know.

Brotherly love - Page 2 Manea-Profil-Gif
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 01 Jul 2020, 14:45
Siblings were to be treasured, whether they were halfsiblings or not. Vulcan seemed to understand that way better than Manea ever did. For her brother, family was the center of his universe and she’d like to deny it, but Manea sometimes wished that she shared those feelings with him. Out of all of them, Vulcan was the one that had always been by her side, had never betrayed or hurt her apart from times when their sibling rivalry got out of hand. ”I thought he was a better brother,” she spoke with words that seemed to be made of dry sand as they fell apart even while she spoke them. ”I see now that it was an illusion,” she muttered staring down at her wounded hand. Where Apollo knew how to challenge her, how to keep her functioning, how to play into her character perfectly, Vulcan knew how to be her brother.

Anger flared in Vulcan and it washed over Manea like a tidal wave, making her look up at her eldest brother. ”Vulcan, he’s still your Lord,” she spoke gently, wanting to reach out for his hand but keeping her hand still. ”I am the strongest warrior.” If anything, her ego hadn’t suffered too much. ”But I don’t think he needs warriors anymore,” the raven then spoke, her voice holding that tone that almost spoke of defeat. Her brother hadn’t called her weak of body, he had called her weak spirited and while she took just as much offense, it was hard to just go against it. Maybe she was, maybe he saw her just for how terribly weak she was when it came to their dream, their future.

When I see my opponent flinch...
I know I've already won.

THE WARRIOR
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Wed 02 Sep 2020, 22:45

Manea started talking and he bit his lip when she spoke those first words. A better brother. So Vulcan wasn’t even wrong about it. His own sister thought that their half sibling was a better brother than him. It hurt, but on the other side he had always expected this and he had made his peace with it. Though it didn’t mean that it didn’t bring back feelings he thought he had buried. But Vulcan wasn’t going to blame her for that. ’I can understand that. I mean, you have a better connection with him in many ways.’ Some ways that he was lacking off. Off course Vulcan could fight, off course he could, but he didn’t have that same drive in him as both Apollo and Manea clearly had. But as she stared down and spoke again he looked up at her and bit his lip. Shaking his head. ’Maybe, maybe not. I can’t speak on who the best brother is, that isn’t up to me to judge. But I can say, that being your brother, their brother, it means more to me than anything else. You mean more to me than they all do.’ The man softly hummed, a faint smile curling around his lips shortly. Before his face flattened out again.

The anger was rippling right through him and her words made him frown shortly. ’Yeah, he is our Lord, but he is still a freaking twas as well.’ He shook his head shortly, wanting to plant his hand in their brother’s face right now. Sure, he wouldn’t do it. Not yet that was, but this was unfair to his sister. And no matter how good of a warrior Manea was, no matter how good she could stand her ground to everyone. She was and will always be his responsibility. A promise he had made her when she was a little baby, when he had found out their mother was pregnant of Manea. He would protect her from the world, because she was the closest to him. Shortly he hummed at his words, she was indeed the strongest warrior that much he could give her. ’He will always need warriors, people to keep him safe, to keep the people safe. Always.’ Vulcan softly spoke as he looked at Manea. ’If he doesn’t know that, then he is more daft than ever. But sister, you’re not only a warrior alright. It might be the thing you’re best in. But there is a lot more you can mean to Apollo or not. You just got to find out what you can mean to him when he thinks he doesn’t need warriors anymore. You’re his sister, you have more than just that one thing alright. Please believe me.’

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 09 Oct 2020, 11:37
If she had been brought up to be compassionate and caring, she might’ve picked up on the subtle cues her brother was given that he was being hurt by the things she was saying, but she completely missed them. ”I had indeed, a better connection with him,” but in that moment, their connection seemed to have withered and she slowly but surely realized just how important the blood bond between her and Vulcan was. Dark eyes lifted away from her hands and she looked up at Vulcan. ”It means a lot to me to hear you say that brother, thank you,” she spoke, her voice silent and without any emotion as it had always been. ”Having you as my brother does mean a lot to me, just so you know, you’re important to me, to all out siblings,” she muttered, feeling a weird awkwardness wrap around her as she tried to speak positive words to her elder brother.

He repeated his words, calling their brother and Lord a twat and she arched an unbelieving eyebrow. Leave it to the bastard older brother to call their Lord a twat. It was more than probable that it was Vulcan’s way of protecting her. After all, if anything, he had been her protector all throughout life. When he spoke, she looked up and hummed. There would always be need for warriors, fighters to protect both their brother and his people. Being more than a warrior was not something she had consider up until then and as her brother spoke on, she slightly frowned. ”Family is important Vulcan, but he has his own family now, doesn’t that water down the importance of siblings?” she spoke, blatantly honest about what might’ve been her fear all along.

I know I've already won.

THE WARRIOR
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Tue 03 Nov 2020, 19:55

Apollo was the better one for his sister and that stung. But he had been the better one for many people in the end and Vulcan was used to it by now. Standing in his shadow. Yet, if anything he was making a name for himself as an astonishing blacksmith. One of the best that walked around in the Highlands, maybe even Avalance if he wanted to boast. But that didn’t matter, not right now. The only thing that mattered in this very moment was Manea. They locked eyes eventually and her words made him smile softly, softly nodding. ’Coming from you, that means a lot.’ Manea never had been one to voice what she was thinking apart from when she was angry. But this, this was a moment he would cherish in the end. The corner of his mouth stayed pulled up. Sometimes he did wonder, what would’ve happened if none of the others would’ve been born. Where they would be now. Probably not here, not even in the castle.

Their brother was indeed a twat in his eyes. Hurting Manea like this. It was something she did not deserve, it was uncalled for and if he didn’t know better he’d smack Apollo right around the ears for doing this. He’d defend his sister until his last dying breath that was sure, all of them. But when one of them actually hurt her.. No, that was something he couldn’t really comprehend. Faulty wiring, brotherly protection who knew. When she mentioned something else he softly hummed, looking at her and shaking his head. ’I doubt that if push comes to shove, his wife means more than us. A man is only as strong as his peers. You and I, we’re here to back him up on anything. Twat or no twat.' The man shortly hummed. 'If a problem arises, he might not come to you or me first. But he will come to us eventually when he doesn’t find a solution. We might not be his first choice anymore, or well you in this case since I never have been. But he relies on us, just as much as he relies on her.’

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 13 Dec 2020, 20:21
While her brothers were two different people in her mind, and in the people’s eye, they weren’t all that different when it came to their family, or to her. They both wanted to protect their family. With Apollo, that focus would probably shift to his wife and maybe future children, but he would always have his family’s best interest at heart. For Vulcan it was his siblings and above all of them, her, his sister. It was the blood that bound them that brought him to want to protect her and she appreciated him for that. She loved him for that. The raven could see her brother’s thoughts, but she didn’t speak up about them.

Their brother was a hard man or rather a hard exterior. Deep inside they both knew he had a soft spot for family and that his lashing out to her was more than probably the effect of her own angry words. ”You shouldn’t talk so badly about yourself Vulcan, I’m sure our brother appreciates you as his brother, his older brother. If a problem comes up that he nor me can solve, I’m sure he’ll come to you,” she spoke with a nod, her eyes skimming over her bandaged hands as she stood up again. ”Thank you for your wise words, brother, I’m going to clear my head now,” she spoke, her feet carrying her to the door of the smithy. Fresh air mingled with the thicker air inside and she took a deep breath. ”We’ll talk soon,” she spoke with a smile before walking out into the snowy landscape.

I know I've already won.

THE WARRIOR
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum