⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Brotherly love X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

Brotherly love Empty Brotherly love

on Sun 12 Jan 2020, 17:10

The fucking snowstorms that were raving outside had made it practically impossible for him to actually send shipments out. Which was annoying as hell cause now people would get their things late. But he had decided to put that off. So he could actually make some more time for his family. He hadn’t seen his sister in the longest time because he had been slumped with work and well, if there was one thing he wanted it was staying in touch with her first and foremost. His brothers and other sisters could wait. But Manea was the one he just liked to keep in touch with about what was going on in her life. Surely he had seen her on the wedding but apart from that. And they hadn’t exchanged words or anything. Mainly because he hadn’t stayed that long. He had attended the party for a short while but not nearly enough to talk to everyone.

So here he was, on the only place he would actually be able to find her apart from the barracks. White spots were covering his hear in a rapid speed, before the man had actually stepped into the shelter of the tower, making his way up in the hopes she would actually be there.

Brotherly love Manea-Profil-Gif
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

Brotherly love Empty Re: Brotherly love

on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 20:53
The bond she shared with Apollo was a special one, they had always understood each other, they had always just clicked. The same goals, the same but very few emotions, the same understanding of the world. Something she had effectively ruined now by trying to hurt the man. The raven had, without a second of doubt, said words, stringed together in a sentence to deliberately hurt the man. He had gotten her so angry, that she had just wanted to hurt him for the first time in her life. Droplets of fresh blood had dripped down her fingers onto the sandy floor of the watchtower and she had started at them, even after slightly reaching out for her older brother.

The realization had slowly settled in her brain, it had made her stumble backwards and she had screamed louder than she had ever screamed before. In her stumble, her shoulders had smacked against one of the walls and she had let her body slump down onto the ground. Bloody hand staining the ground below her as she stared down at the ground. It might’ve been hours, it might’ve been days even before she heard footsteps enter the watchtower again. The raven hadn’t even tried to close the door after Apollo had left and a small hope sparked in her heart that it was him so she could apologize… or well, tell him that he was doing good, as a lord but most of all as a brother. When her dark eyes looked up, however, it was not Apollo, but her eldest brother looking at her and a weird sound left her throat. A dry heaving of air as if her lungs spasmed while a weird kind of relief fell over her, ”Vulcan…” she muttered and she noticed just how broken her voice sounded.

When I see my opponent flinch...
I know I've already won.
Brotherly love X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 21:42

The tower was silent, but that was not what surprised him to be fair. It was the fact that her bird wasn’t around. Normally it was around. He got strange vibes from the place, which was also something that didn’t happen that often. Mainly because he knew that Manea would be here either mad or not giving a care in the world. Maybe it was the connection they shared with each other, sure they weren’t twins or what so ever. But they shared blood and he could just feel that something was up, but pinpointing it wasn’t something he was able to do right now.

When he did look around for a bit and saw her sitting on the ground, bloody handprints next to her he frowned. Whoever was sitting there it didn’t look like Manny at all, sure in person but not in spirit. When an actual sob left her his frown grew deeper. He walked over to her, sitting down in front of her on his hunches. Not even waiting for it or actually addressing it. He placed his hand on her shoulder and pulled her in for a hug. Holding her close, placing his head against the side of hers. ’You fought with Apollo?’ Cause there was nothing that would rattle her more than just that. And the fact that they fought didn’t mean much good, it meant that his brother was in the same state as his sister and that wouldn’t look good.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 21 Jan 2020, 13:28
Jaci had made himself scarce, going hunting probably as it had become clear that Manea wasn’t planning on feeding him soon. He would be back; the bird always found his way back to his owner. Or maybe the falcon wouldn’t, maybe he would stay away from someone who was able to hurt her brother like that. She deserved it after all. Throughout the next hours, maybe days, she had stared at her hand. First at the blood flowing from the cut she had caused herself and after that at the way the blood had dried. The bright red slowly changing into a dark burgundy and then almost black as time passed.

His footsteps had brought hope, hope that was quickly smashed however, but there was still relief, that at least Vulcan was there. The raven had never realized just how much she leaned on the older man. No, they didn’t always share the same ideas and when it came to sparring, she preferred Apollo. Hell, when it came to so many, it was always Apollo. But when she needed actual support, Vulcan was the one she didn’t want but needed to show up. He frowned at her and she stared back down, ashamed of the sound that had left her. Why did it even have to sound like that, so weak, exactly what Apollo had said. All of a sudden, her face was pulled into his cloak and her first action was trying to push away but that barely lasted as her arms fell back to her sides, just letting Vulcan hold her for a while. His question made her breathing go in sections as if being blocked by her own stupid emotions, before she nodded. Manea didn’t even manage to bring out a sound as liquid dripped down her cheeks. Her fingers twitched as she wanted touch it and see what it was but she stayed still, waiting for it to stop.

I know I've already won.

Last edited by Manea Winter on Mon 27 Jan 2020, 12:03; edited 1 time in total
Brotherly love X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Wed 22 Jan 2020, 21:41

Seeing her seated over there, her hand covered in blood, looking like someone had taken the world from her. Pained him. It pained him to see such a strong woman like this. And yes, there was only one person who was possible to actually make her feel that way and that was Apollo, so that conclusion was easily made. And it angered him to be fair. Sure, he wouldn’t intervene in the squabble they had with each other. But it was just the fact that whatever he had said had done this kind of damage to Manea. She was his blood. Vulcan needed to look out for her, eventhough she didn’t need that from anyone in reality.

She pushed, but he held on. And she actually gave up. Making him pull her even closer, covering her with his cloak mostly. He just stayed silent for a while, her breathing had told him enough but the short nod told him more. The fact that he actually felt the shirt he was wearing underneath the cloak getting wet a bit was something he barely believed at first. ’I’m here alright. Just let it out, it’s safe with me.’ The man softly whispered against her head. Letting his hand go over her back in soothing motions. Yeah, this was not how he wanted to find his sister today. Certainly not. But that didn’t mean that he would fulfill his duty to her.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Mar 2020, 13:11
There was this assumption that, just because the two were bastards, that their bond was stronger. That wasn’t true. Manea had always gravitated towards Apollo in many more ways than to Vulcan. But in the moment relief had washed over her, she had realized, for the very first time, what people had really meant with their bond. Physically and when it came to ideas, she clicked with Apollo. She clicked so much with him that his own sister got terribly annoyed at Manea for it on a regular basis. Vulcan however, was her whole support system. He was there when she needed to be caught by someone, he was needed in those very few instances where she showed emotions and didn’t want the world to see her.

The dark-haired man pulled her even closer and the pelt on his cloak was completely swallowing her up. The warmth it brought felt familiar, it felt calming, it cooled the painful fire burning in her heart and throat. He spoke in a soft whisper and caressed her back in careful motions, making her throat constrict. ”Stop I’m not this fragile and weak being that needs your help Vulcan,” she snarled but without realizing, her liquid had indeed started to stream more down her cheek and her hands looked for support on the ground besides the man. The raven hated how terrible female and fragile she felt in this horrendous moment and she wanted to snarl again but instead clung to her big brother like she had never done before.

I know I've already won.
Brotherly love X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Thu 02 Apr 2020, 01:20

Being born who they were, they were bonded with that. Yet they were also bounded through the God’s and due to the fact that in the end they were each other’s supports system. Sometimes not understanding each other entirely but they were their for each other in the moments that counted. In the moment that no one else was there for the Freyr bastard’s. Which was something beautiful in itself if you came to look at it. Jealousy always played a roll with Vulcan though, with her it was of her bond with Apollo. With Apollo it had been the fact that he had been replaced by his father. It always played a roll, but in moments like these none of those things played a role.

’I know you’re not. You’re my sister after all. But that doesn’t mean I’m not here for you.’ The man stated, ignoring the snarl completely. Knowing that it was just emotions being bottled up. Anger not necessarily aimed at him. As she clunged to him he just sat there. Holding her against his chest. Caressing her back but keeping his mouth shut. There was no way he was enjoying a crying Manea, never would he enjoy such a thing. She wasn’t weak, but right now the strongest woman he knew was a broken one and it hurt his heart more than anything to be fair.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 13 Apr 2020, 00:17
The raven had never understood why so many people seemed so focused on something as finicky as being siblings. The value people put on the difference between siblings and half siblings had always annoyed her. Not just because it highlighted just how much she and Vulcan differed from the Freyr family but because it often made it sound as if they weren’t real siblings because their mothers differed. For her, her half-brother had always meant so much, more even than her brother. Right now, however, she realized that that might’ve been an illusion, one she probably established herself. Right when she was in need of someone to support her, not someone to stand beside her, but someone who would hold her up when all she wanted to do was fall down, Vulcan was the one that was here.

It wasn’t something she’d ever repeat out loud, but she needed someone to hold her in this moment, to tell her that it would be alright. Here he was, her brother, holding him against his chest, sharing warmth she was needing, warmth she’d otherwise never accept. Just to make that even clearer, she snapped at him, refusing to be seen as a weak and fragile female. He calmly answered her, and she made an angry sound. Here he was, recognizing her strength where their brother had just called her weak. ”Thank you” it was a silent whisper into his coat and even if he hadn’t heard it, she wouldn’t repeat it. The man held her while she clung to him like he was the only thing standing between her and certain death. Slowly the liquid on her face dried and her rapid breaths calmed. Once her lungs stopped that squeezing feeling, she peeled herself away from her brother. Dark eyes met his blue ones and she sighed. ”Never mention this again,” she calmly stated while her mask fell back into place.

I know I've already won.
Brotherly love X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Tue 14 Apr 2020, 16:21

Manea was the only true thing that he cared for. Sure, he cared for his other siblings too. But Manea, no the love he held for his sister was greater than the bond he had with the others. Maybe due to the fact that they were completely related to one another, who knew. But there had always been more of a connection between him and here than between him and Apollo or any of the others. He’d walk through fire for all of them, but he would only die for one. And that was the woman he was holding right now. In a way he knew that his sister didn’t think the same about that matter. She was drawn more to their half brother, their lord. Which was something that he got, yet it did hurt. But he had moved past that a while ago.

That silent whisper was something he caught onto. But he didn’t respond to it. Just holding here. Being here for her. Cause that was what she needed. And maybe he was a bit late to this. But that didn’t matter he was here for her now. Eventually Manea pulled herself away from him and he let her go. His hand still resting on her underarm just looking at her, shortly nodding. ’Never. But I am here. If you need to talk.’ Vulcan spoke calmly, getting up. Sticking his hand out to her. ’Let’s go hm? Or do you want to be left alone now?’ Knowing his sister it would probably be that second thing. Something he didn’t mind. Yet a part of him just hoped she would come with him. Even if it just was so he could drop her off somewhere. Being the big brother he was.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 22 Apr 2020, 16:24
The raven had never thought that she would be in need of someone to fall back on. If anything, she had always thought she was someone they could fall back on in times of need. Not emotional need but need none the less. And still, she was grateful for the man who was holding her. It gave her the time she needed to shut down whatever was happening to her. Time enough to grab all the emotions that had started escaping and put them safely back in the locked box some called a heart. Slowly, the tears stopped, and she put distance between her and her brother, looking up at him with slight confusion. Manea didn’t do emotions so having to undergo an outburst as she had just had, felt weirdly uncomfortable. His hand on her underarm brought a calming aspect to it all but her throat still ached in a way she had never experienced, and her eyes burned.

Her hand, or rather the slash running over it, itched and she glanced down at it shortly. ”Talking is not something I do brother, actions are what I believe in,” she spoke, but it were still words that had brought her to this point. Dark eyes followed every single one of his movements and she just blatantly ignored the hand being stuck out to her. ”Tell me Vulcan, am I weak?” an honest to the Gods question that she could only ask now she had calmed and put her natural expression back in place. Eyes drifted back to her hand, as doubt settled over her. The raven didn’t wait for answer, instead pushing her wounded hand along the stone wall to push herself up, shrugging. It had been a stupid question after all.

I know I've already won.
Brotherly love X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Sun 03 May 2020, 13:14

In their early years together he had learned to read the woman who was sitting in front of him. He knew every little detail about her almost, what made her tick, what made her happy. Over the years that had changed, over the years his sister had changed. She had locked herself away. She became more ruthless, she became more invested in everything but her emotions. Something he could never do, lock his feelings away. He had become a master of hiding them the moment he went into his teens. The moment his father had actually chosen the Freyr’s over their mother. Which was the smartest choice the man could wait, but everything that had happened back then had made Vulcan create a box of his own. A box that only opened from time to time anger releasing, that he put in his job whenever it did.

The man nodded as he got up. Words that he knew far too well and he respected that. Yet, sometimes it did clear the air a bit. Talking that was. A hum resounded as she ignored his hand, also expected. In the end Manea was someone that didn’t need help, not even know. But he’d keep trying no matter what. Her question made him frown. Was she really asking him that? What kind of a stupid question was that. He wanted to help her up, but stubborn as she was she had pushed herself up and he hummed. ’You’re the strongest woman I know.’ The man raised a brow, it was nothing more than the truth. By far his sister was the best warrior, and she appeared to be the strongest of all of them mentally. Though he knew that the last oen was a mask she had put on, a well crafted mask he should add. ’Come on, let’s go back to the smithy so I can take a proper look at your hand yeah? Before you can’t hold your sword anymore.’

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 08 May 2020, 09:32
With every second that had passed, the raven had put herself back in order again. The droplets had stopped rolling down her cheeks and with a couple of deep breaths, everything had gone back to normal. Her brother had asked to talk, but that was one step too far, even in the vulnerable position she was in right then. Talking and showing emotions wasn’t just something she didn’t do, it was something she didn’t understand, something that didn’t belong in the life she was leading, in her character. Even feeling emotions had been reduced to a minimum, and only a handful of people could make her feel anything other than annoyance and anger. And with handful, she meant two, maybe three if you counted Diana who seemed to be a professional at making her feel uncomfortable.

Once up, she squared her shoulders, taking another deep breath as her posture straightened out, any resemblance of weakness being pushed away. His answer sounded and she hummed. Good, that was what she needed to hear, Apollo’s words didn’t matter. At least, that was what she tried to tell herself, had to tell herself, had to believe if she wanted to go on with life. Otherwise, she’d crumble beneath the pressure of that vicious statement. Blood had started trickling down her fingers again and she glanced down at the bright red liquid as her brother spoke. ”Ah, yes.” she muttered, taking a step towards the exit of the tower. ”Not being able to hold a sword would effectively render me useless, so let’s prevent that,” she spoke in her typical monotone voice, finally returning to her old self. That only counted in this moment and wouldn’t last long as those words still sounded in her head.

I know I've already won.
Brotherly love X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Sun 24 May 2020, 13:14

Off course he wanted to be here for his sister. Because he knew that she needed that. Though, it was as clear as day that Manea was already picking herself up again so he had lost that window, not that it mattered much to him because he just needed her to know that he would be here for her. At any given moment. He’d be her rock if she needed that of him. In the end that was how they worked, no matter how complicated the both of them were they would always be around for each other. When they both were standing up and the blood started staining the floor yet again he hummed. It was time that they would take care of that before it actually got even more infected than it already had been.

Vulcan stepped out of her beloved tower with her walking next to him. Shortly humming at her words, lightly shaking his head. ’You won’t ever be useless sister.’ He calmly stated. Even if she wasn’t able to hold a sword, Manea brought more to life than just her fighting spirit. Something only a few could understand and he considered himself lucky to be one of those persons. Luckily, the smithy wasn’t even that far and after a short walk they had arrived. Vulcan immediately sneaking to the back and filling up a little tile of water, grabbing some pieces of fabric that were laying around before walking back to the main entrance of the shop a smile lingering on his lips. Carefully reaching for her hand so he could inspect the cut, a sigh rolling over his lips. If anything she had been truly mad or sad or a mixture of those combined because Manea would never risk her fighting hand on something stupid. She was too smart for that.

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 10:24
The warm blood running down her fingers cause a weird feeling to run up her arm and she shortly glanced down at the ever-growing spot on the ground. Absentmindedly, she had been staring at the drops that fell while her brother talked and as they walked out of the tower, she had flipped her palm up, looking at the wound. It had probably been a clean cut at first but now it no longer resembled anything even remotely similar to a cut. His words made her glance up at him and she just hummed, not agreeing nor disagreeing with his statement. Yet, when her ability to fight fell away, not that much remained. With another sigh, the raven shook her head, thinking about that won’t change her predicament and she was more than a capable fighter with both her right and her left hand, despite her preferring her left hand.

It was only a short walk, red droplets falling from her palm onto the snowy ground below. He walked into the back and she sat down on one of the tables scattered throughout the shop. After who knew how long in that tower, her limbs had started to get extremely cold and now she was in proximity of Vulcan’s fire and warmth, she could feel them burning slightly as they warmed up. Her brother came back and she glanced up, letting him take her hand and flipping her palm up. He sighed and she furrowed her brow again. ”Is it bad?” she asked him, not knowing what to think because the wound was so filthy right then. ”Will it heal?” she then asked while moving her fingers a bit, checking if at least those still worked. If not, she’d be lost, she’d have no strength left in that hand and her fighting capability would be halved.

I know I've already won.
Brotherly love X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Thu 11 Jun 2020, 13:54

It was weird to have seen his sister like this. Mainly because she always was so strong and she rarely let her mask down. Unless something really bad happened, like it had done. Apollo was to blame simple as that, but if he would interfere with that. The little peace he had built up with the man over the last two and a half years would actually be put back again and he wasn’t sure if he wanted that. Nor did he want to risk Manea getting angry with him about interfering with her business. It wasn’t his thing to worry about, but how could he not worry to things that actually involved her and the rest of the family?

His eyes were focused on the cut on her hand, only looking up when she spoke. ’It’s not good.’ Vulcan spoke calmly. Making the piece of cloth a bit wet. Going over the wound, which could cost him a black eye if he didn’t watch out. But he didn’t care. He needed to get this cleaned out as good as he could possibly manage. It cost him two tiny pieces of cloth, that he threw on the table completely covered in filth and blood. To get it remotely clean, maybe even entirely but he couldn’t be completely sure about it. ’It will. But make sure to keep it clean. Maybe you should pass by Vesper’s office so she can take a better look? I can only do so much.’ He softly hummed, grabbing a longer piece of fabric to actually tie it around her hand again, before he placed it down on the table again, smiling up at her. ’You’ll be fine.’

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 17 Jun 2020, 22:42
Being taken care of wasn’t something she was very good at. In fact, she hated being taken care of since it made her feel like she was vulnerable. But then again, hadn’t Apollo called her weak? Which was as much as calling her vulnerable. Vulcan, however, hadn’t once suggested that she was weak or unfit, he was just taking care of her however he saw fit. While he was inspecting her wound, she inspected his face, catching how much her two elder brothers looked alike, seeing how much her eldest brother looked like her father. ”Thank you… for this,” she silently spoke randomly while he picked her hand back up.

’Not good,’ two simple words that made a knot form in her chest. She had ruined one of her fighting hands, and she only had two of those, terrible idea. The raven bit her lip harshly for a second, but her face stayed without visible pain as he steadily got out the dirt and the debris. Her dark eyes stayed focused on his movements, as if it would help her brother clean the wounds. ”Good,” she spoke when he said that it would heal. She had spoken even before he could say the rest, but she immediately shook her head. ”No, I’m not going to the physician just because I cut my hand,” she spoke resolute, refusing any more help than he was giving her. He smiled up at her and she nodded at him, acknowledging that she felt the same. ”Thank you again brother, for… you know, everything,” Manea muttered awkwardly, staring down at the wrapped up hand.

I know I've already won.

THE WARRIOR
Brotherly love X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Sun 21 Jun 2020, 15:49

Manea thanked him for taking care of her and he softly shook his head. Not responding to it much more than that. Focusing on her hand more than anything right now. It was bad, but not as bad as expected. Infected for sure but the infection wouldn’t spread much further anymore now that he was cleaning out the wound. It could’ve been way worse actually, but she would make a good recovery and be able to use that hand of hers soon enough. If she was careful with it now.

Soon enough he started wrapping it up. Grabbing some clean pieces of cloth, tying them around her head covering the entire wound carefully humming at her words. ’I know you won’t. But at least come to me if it starts hurting more okay?’ Vulcan was just a simple blacksmith but he knew how to tend to wounds, mainly because he had tended more of his own wounds than people probably thought. Mainly because he didn’t like seeking out help as well. The man was used to doing everything on his own after all. When she thanked him again he softly smiled. Placing her hand on the table and shortly bringing his hand to her cheek. ’I’m always here for you okay. Just keep that in mind.’ The two of them hadn’t spend nearly enough time but that was mainly due to the fact that hew as busy with well his job and because he wasn’t often to find on the training fields like she was. ’I don’t know what happened between the two of you, but whatever it was don’t forget the love Apollo holds for you okay. Even if it doesn’t seem that way right now.’

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 22 Jun 2020, 19:53
He shook his head, but she knew that he knew. The older man knew just how much this meant to her, for him to take care of the horrible wound on her hand without asking questions. For him to hold her earlier without asking what was wrong. For him to not ask but do, that meant the world to her and she needed him to know that, so she thanked him. The raven genuinely thanked someone, something she didn’t do very often, if at all. Her eyes were focused on his movements and as her hand was completely wrapped up, she wiggled her fingers a little bit, testing her dexterity. It hurt, but she could move all her fingers, that was most important.

The thought alone of a physician made her hair stand upright, so she refused, as her brother had anticipated apparently. She snorted humorlessly at his ask. As if she’d come running to her big brother, just because her hand was hurting, no that wouldn’t be happening. ”I know you are, I just don’t tend to lean on other, it means a lot that you were there when everyone else failed me,” she spoke gently for the very first time in her life. He was her brother after all, and she might’ve forgotten that somewhere along the way. He was her flesh and blood, the only one for that matter and she shouldn’t take him for granted the way she had been doing. The raven stared at her hand while her brother spoke and she sighed, ”He called me weak,” she answered back, ”And I’m uncertain whetherhis love can fix that” she continued with a frown.

I know I've already won.

THE WARRIOR
Brotherly love X10
Caro

Character Sheet
Vulcan Freyr
Vulcan Freyr
Lord of Caer Scion

on Tue 23 Jun 2020, 14:49

Taking care of people was something Vulcan enjoyed doing. But with every person it was different. Including his sister. Were he usually would take an approach in talking to people he didn’t with her. Not because he didn’t want to know, but because he knew how conflicted she already was with letting him this close. It had always been that way with her. When she had been younger and the times she scraped her knees in a really bad way, he had also been there for her. In the exact same way as he had been now. As she wiggled her fingers a smile caressed his lips. She could move them all, which was what they were going for. Now she just needed to attend her wound with care or at least try too.

Manea snorted and he sighed. She’d never change. But he knew that she knew that he was here for her at all times. ’You’re my sister, I know that. I’ll always be around for you on your own terms.’ That was how their bond worked. It had to be on her terms or the man would never see her that much he knew and if anything Manea was the closest person he had, the one that understood him better than the rest. Knowing that the same couldn’t be said about him for her, but that was something he was making peace with. Still. There had been a gentle tone in her voice and he appreciated it, it seemed like she was letting him in. One way or another. A frown appeared on his face at her next words, making his jaw tense up for a moment. Anger seemed to flare within the man for a while, like when you threw a little piece of wood in the fireplace, smoldering. ’He had no right in calling you that. You’re not. Never been. Please keep that in mind for me.’

Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 30 Jun 2020, 00:05
Not in a million years would she trust anybody to tend to her wounds when she wasn’t unconscious. Except Vulcan, he had always been the only one allowed to see her wounded, or how she interpreted it, weak. Even as much as a simple cut when they were children, would’ve been hidden from everybody, just to stick out her arm to her older brother so he could fix it. Now was no different. She had only broken when Apollo had walked out, and she hadn’t tried to hide from Vulcan once he had walked in. ”On my own terms…” she let the words roll off her tongue in a weird way. ”I’m sorry Vulcan, I’ve been a terrible sister to you,” she spoke, almost whispered. While her voice didn’t betray any emotion, it felt a lot softer, more caring than it had ever sounded.

What had happened between her and Apollo was something that was hard to describe, especially the feelings she felt, how her whole body felt like it had lost its spark. How she could probably drop off the seat she was sitting on. While the raven couldn’t find the strength or the words to describe that, she knew that her eldest brother would understand as soon as she said what Apollo had told her. His anger flared, and for a split second, he looked exactly like she remembered her father. Excitement rolled through her at seeing him like that while she kept moving her fingers, despite the pain it caused in the palm of her hand. ”It’s hard to remember that when not only your Lord, but you brother sees you as weak,” the raven spoke honestly, and while she felt hurt, her voice didn’t betray that in the slightest. But, again, her brother would know.

I know I've already won.

THE WARRIOR
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum