⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Paralyzed Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Paralyzed Empty Paralyzed

on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 22:27

By the time he walked back to his private quarters to retreat for the night he felt completely wrecked. His muscles were hurting by how tense he had been all afternoon. His head was aching, a dull feeling throbbing through his skull with every breath. He had skipped dinner because he had no appetite at all. He was also avoiding any contact with others, considering he was unbalanced and ready to break one way or another by the smallest trigger.

For that reason he was dreading going to his room. Since their wedding he had been sharing it with his wife. Obviously. He did not want to snap at her. She did absolutely not deserve to deal with the aftermath of yet another family drama. He took a deep breath when he stopped in front of the door, preparing himself by trying to pull up his mask again. It was not as solid as he hoped it would be by the time he could not longer wait and had to go inside.

To his relief Delaney was not in the room yet. He stretched his neck for a second, his pale gaze trailing the ceiling. After that he walked over to the bed and let himself fall down on it, fully clothed. He buried his face in one of the pillows, sighing deeply. He did not at all plan to move again, but he knew he would have to once his wife arrived. He still had to pretend nothing was wrong.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Paralyzed Tumblr_oyis52Rrla1vtw4y8o1_500
Michelle

Character Sheet
Magic: Spiritwalking
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Paralyzed Empty Re: Paralyzed

on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 23:13
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
Taking a sigh she heard the heavy doors close behind her. Shutting her in from the outside world. Being a high lady was all fun and games, well, take out the fun and make the games a serious mindbattle with everyone and everything around you. She cared little for what she had to do on a daily basis. It was a mix from smiles and friendly words, showing herself off and most of all, hearing if she had any signs of pregnancy yet. She had read enough about what she was supposed to feel. Hell, she had even found a way from some old freak to follow her cycle with the moon and when she would be able to receive her husbands.. eyahhh.. let’s just say that after five weeks of marriage she still was feeling very much alone in her own body. Something she quite liked on the one hand, not quite sure if she wanted to feel something inside of her belly. On the other hand, she knew what could happen to ladies who bore their husbands no sons. It was no pretty end.

Shaking the gripping feeling a rope would give around her neck away from her mind she walked through the empty hallways. She had no more duties for the day that would force her to face a crowd so she made her way to her bedroom. Thinking of what she could do, her husband was supposed to be away for a little time. Perhaps she could pick up her sword and go some place quiet to train herself up a little bit. She hadn’t felt the blade in her hand for quite some time, missing the security the steel gave her.

So she opened the door, all full of her little plan. Ready to throw off her dress and get something more comfortable on in which she could train. Actually, she had already pulled her dress up halfway when her eyes fell on the bed, and even better.. on the man laying on it, facedown in the sheets. For half a second she stared shocked at him but dropped her dress quickly back down her body. Taking a step towards him. ”Apollo?” She asked soft, unsure wether he was asleep, drunk or who knew, dead (wouldn’t that be a good way to start the evening.)

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
Paralyzed Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 23:38

Perhaps a warm bath would help him relax. Both his mind and body needed a break, but he had no clue how to get his thoughts to settle down. Normally he would ask Manea for a sparring session. This time she was the root of the problem. Never would he have thought he would have a fallout with his half-sister. He had always felt like she was the one that came closest to understanding him. How he tried to channel the same anger and bloodlust she felt to achieve his goals. She felt the exact same way and still she did not understand his decisions. She did not understand him. It hurt. Of all people, he had thought that she would. The fact that she didn’t was a disappointment, though he could only be angry at himself. He had failed, not only her, but their father too. And himself. Mostly himself.

His current state of mind was quite toxic. He hoped by the time his wife entered the room he would have it under control. But he didn’t. He had heard the door open. He was too afraid to move. He did not want to speak to her yet. His body seemed paralyzed as he kept perfectly quiet. Eventually though, she noticed him in the bed. The tone of her soft voice made clear she was confused. He wanted to pretend he was asleep, that he simply hadn’t heard her, but that would be incredibly disrespectful and he was raised better than that. So after a few seconds he pushed himself up a bit, turning towards her. He just prayed his pale gaze didn’t betray how messed up he was. ”Hi”, He managed to say without his voice breaking. ”I was.. Resting”, He said. It was true. He was so tired.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 12 Jan 2020, 21:42
Worry clouded her gaze, watching her husband lay silently after she had spoken out his name. The question of wether or not she should call for help dawned upon her as she watched the man she was learning to love. She'd rather not have him dead right now, what if she was pregnant, life as a single mom was definetly not what she had intended for her life.

Luckily he seemed to be alive. Managing to speak a two letter word and she rolled her eyes slowly after the excuse he made. Moving towards him she smiled soft sitting down on the bed and moving her hand through his hair. "Resting from what dear?" She spoke softly, playing with the dark hair leaving the space for him to talk, or not talk, whatever he wanted. She had learned quite quickly that there was no forcing the freyr family, especially not about feelings and emotions. They were yucky things to them. So better not push too far.

Paralyzed Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 12 Jan 2020, 22:23

His mind needed rest, much more than his body did at the moment, yet he didn’t manage to silence his racing thoughts for long enough to actually fall asleep. There was also a certain guilt keeping him awake. How did he deserve to sleep when his people were out there, freezing or starving to death in their homes? Not only was he failing them, he was also failing his family, over and over again. He couldn’t help but compare himself to his father again, wondering how the man would have tackled this immense problem.

Hadn’t he said to Manea that he did not want to be the leader their father was? He wanted to be the ruler his people needed right now. Which was a heavy responsibility that was obviously wearing him down already. They needed someone to guide them through the horrible snow storms and here he was, laying in a warm and comfortable bed. He couldn’t help but hate himself for it. But he just couldn’t push on anymore. He was breaking down more and more and it was in that extremely fragile moment his wife had walked into the room.

It was no surprise she immediately noticed something was amiss. Her worried expression said enough. He hummed as she pulled her hand through his hair, closing his eyes for a moment. ”Emotions, I think”, He sighed deeply. He turned on his side more, reaching out for her hand. ”Everyone is so on edge”, He muttered. He avoided her gaze as he dropped it to their hands. ”I had a fight with Manea today”, He then said. He wanted to be honest with her. He had promised that to her, hadn’t he?

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 12 Jan 2020, 22:32
Actually, she was quite suprised with how much he opened up to her. She had expected him to just sweep it under a rug, ignore the problem and make her forget about it. The fact that he trusted her enough to open himself like this made a smile appear on her face as she softly stroke over his hair. Pulling the man's had into her lap, kissing his ear softly as she waited while he spoke softly.

The words were barely all that he felt inside, she knew that for sure. He was burning up inside, someone who never spoke how he felt was always burning on the inside, untill it bursts and everyone turned to ash with him.

"Everyone?" She asked softly, leaving the words of his fight open. Manea was not someone she had spend a lot.. or well, any time with. She didn't quite know how to take the woman but she knew that his half sister was important for Apollo. So she'd rather not push into what their fight had been about.

Paralyzed Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 13 Jan 2020, 13:39

Allowing emotions to overrule his thoughts was not usually his way of dealing with problems. He would just find a different goal to focus his mind on while his mind was processing those emotions in the background. Perhaps not the most healthy way of getting over certain blockades, but it had worked for him for a long time. Until now. He felt like he was breaking into pieces. More than ever. And the family he used to rely on to keep him together, to keep him whole, had fallen apart too. Most likely because he had failed to unite them like his father had done. Their rock was gone and they were all suffering from it, and there was nothing he could think of that could fix it.

In this moment of weakness there was one person who had the right to be by his side. He had promised her to be open and honest. He was a man of his word, especially when he had sworn it in front of the altar. He hummed at her question. ”It’s the snow storms, the weather. No one really knows what is going on”, He explained. He turned his pale gaze back to her, inspecting her features for a moment. ”Can’t you feel it too? Something about this is different”, He continued. He just knew it couldn’t be good. Perhaps she did not share the experience because she had been living in the Glade for so long.

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 31 Jan 2020, 00:07
She couldn't help but smile, through the horrible things he spoke of. The fear clutching her belly, breath choking in her throat. It scared her more than anyting, more than anything she had ever known, knowing that this man was afraid, and still, still she smiled. For he spoke the truth to her, spoke to her like an equal. Saw her as his partner in life and it made her feel powerful, a feeling she hadn't had for so long.

She stroke his hair softy, leaning close towards him, hoping he would relax at her so close to him. "I can feel it too.." She spoke softly, combing her fingers through his dark hair. "There is a storm coming. One no one can stop.." She breathed and closed her eyes, holding onto him. "But we'll face it.. together." She smiled softly, kissing his hair. "I promise you we'll do it all together." She vowed and knew that it was the truth, not because they were married, not because he was her lord, but because she loved him. And she'd do all for him.

Paralyzed Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 06 Feb 2020, 22:24

The reason why he never shared his fears or doubts with anyone was because of the simple fact that it made them all the more real. Admitting them out loud made them more tangible and it he hated to feel weak. He usually suppressed those feelings, focused on another task. That way he didn’t have to deal with them directly. It was unhealthy though. In the end they piled up and eventually crashed down on him so hard he could not ignore them anymore. Now he had someone to share his thoughts with though. A privilege he hadn’t had before.

Because for some reason she accepted his flaws; she wasn’t offended that he felt emotions like any other human being. He didn’t feel like he had to hide his true emotions with her. His most vulnerable confessions were safe with her. She’d support him either way. He closed his eyes as well, listening to her soft voice, the promise she repeated. He finally found the strength to push himself up a bit. He cupped his hand around her jaw, rubbing his thumb over her cheek. He was overwhelmed by emotions again, but of a whole different type this time.

In silence he sat there and watched. He closely looked at her face, her beautiful eyes, the curve of her lips, the lines of her cheekbones. The expression in her features, the way her hair framed her face perfectly, bringing out the shape of her jaws perfectly. But, above all, he was calmed down by her presence as a whole. After a few minutes he finally bent forward, pressing his lips softly on hers. A gentle kiss that lasted no more than a heartbeat. He pulled back, a smile around his lips. In these uncertain times, he knew one thing for fact. ”I love you”, He whispered, his voice soft yet determined. He kissed her again, his hand now moving to the nape of her neck as he pulled her closer softly but firmly. He loved her and even though he had never expected to love someone like that, it was the truth.

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 06 Feb 2020, 22:54
Her heartbeat fluttered and stopped for a tiny second. The silence after his words being filled in with a kiss so pure that she felt tears threatening to creep down her cheeks. He loved her, he had spoken those words before yet now, in this silent room with just the two of them she knew they were more true than ever before. He loved her and she, she loved him. She loved him more than she had ever loved someone before, more than her little niece, more than she could ever love her sister, who had been everything for her. Up until this point. This very moments..

She had always been a wanderer. Her heart had been as restless as her body, always on the move in order to slow the highway inside of her mind. But with him beside her the restlessness seemed to fade into a calm. With him, she was whole. It had never been the adventure that she was seeking, it had never been the danger or the thrill of battle. In the end, she had always searched for that one person to fill her in, the other part of the puzzle in her mind. It had always been him.

Deep blue eyes stared back up at him, a smile turning over her soft lips as she ran her hand slowly through his hair. "I love you." She breathed, unable to actually explain all she felt for him in those three words. She doubted there was any way to actually explain all she felt, all he made her believe. All she could do was try to show him. Leaning towards him she kissed him, tender and long as she slowly pushed him back into the blankets. Moving her body a bit up so she could look at him once more. Her smile turning a tiny bit wider as she let her fingers trace over his chest. "Allow me to take your mind off it all my lord." She purred kissing his ear softly. "For just one night, away from the world." She nodded soft, letting her fingers trace over the fabric of his clothing, waiting for his reply.

Paralyzed Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Thu 06 Feb 2020, 23:19

The Gods had blessed him. There was no other explanation. When he looked into her eyes, when he dared to accept the way she moved his heart, he knew that this was meant to be. For so long he had thought this to be impossible. The example his parents had set had made him even more reluctant to accept the fact that love could blossom in the most difficult of situations. It had been a rough first couple of years between Lord Mercury and Lady Ceres. But eventually they had fallen in love with each other, accepting the flaws of their marriage and building a true relationship with that. He had expected for his marriage to be the same. Just an alliance that would provide him with an heir, nothing more.

But it was so much more. It was so much better than he had ever dared to dream. Those three words, whispered quietly, yet with so much tension he could almost feel them move the air around them. There was so much truth in those words, coming from both sides, that it almost moved him to tears. Gods, he hated to be emotional, yet he would not wish for this to go any other way. The kiss lingered for a few more moments as he allowed her to push him back onto the pillows. She looked down upon him, a smile gracing her lips and lighting up her face in the most ethereal way.

Her fingers traced the fabric of his clothing. He could feel the warmth radiating off of her. She made the most wonderful of suggestions. Finally a cheeky smile curled around his lips too. ”Oh?” He exclaimed, pretending he was too innocent to understand what she was hinting at. ”And how would you do that?” He asked her, the amusement in his tone barely hiding the desire he felt for her. His hands were already lingering on her hips. He did not even remember moving them there, but now he was at it, he traced her sides upward, exploring the gentle curve her figure made along her stomach. She was perfect in every sense of the word, and she was all his, all his.

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 19 Feb 2020, 23:10
In those.. five? Short weeks she had been with him, she had learned more about herself, about her own body than she had ever expected to learn. Late at night in her own secluded bed she had thought of places she wanted, loved to be felt. But nothing had stood in comparison when he touched her. Every print his fingers left were burning on her fair skin. She couldn’t completely comprehend how one man could make her feel as he could. She was vulnerable and small when she was with him, yet at the same time she could feel stronger than any man or woman would have ever felt. He was all, he made her all.

And in those five weeks she had also learned of what he liked, of what he enjoyed to feel, to do and to touch. The innocence in his eyes was hiding the devil he truly was inside and she couldn’t help but chuckle softly. Leaning over the man as she kissed his brow lightly. Her white hair curling and twisting while falling down her face, hiding her and his face from the outside world in a curtain of pearly strands. ”My lord, how I would do that.” She breathed softly not needing any volume in her voice for him to hear her. ”Is by taking over your world, body and soul, with mine, and hide you away, from all your responsibilities. For tonight, you are mine and mine alone.” She purred soft kissing his neck, taking a tiny nibble from the skin before she pushed her upper body up again and pulling her dress over her shoulders and head. Leaving the underdress on for now as she watched him with a little teasing twinkle in her deep blue eyes.

Paralyzed Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 08 Mar 2020, 20:01

Behind closed doors he let go of the facade he had so carefully constructed. His father had taught him how to hide his feelings for the sake of keeping his loved ones safe. He was well aware of the dangers lurking in the dark. There were people out there that had the intention to tear his reign apart. They wouldn’t shy away from using horrible ways to achieve that goal. Instead of facing him on the battlefield like worthy opponents, they’d hide and wait, use methods to weaken him before dealing the final blow. Going after his family was one of those tactics. As long as he pretended he didn’t care he hoped they would be safe.

But right here and now, there was no denying the love he felt for his wife. The warmth of her body, even more the warmth of her heart and soul, was capable of melting away his defenses in a matter of seconds. Her words were like music to his ears. No responsibilities, no sorrows, no worries. Not tonight. He hummed when she nipped at his skin, a warm feeling washing through his system by her touch. ”How I wish tonight would never end”, He whispered before she pulled herself away and got rid of her dress. She dropped the piece of fabric on the bed, but he pushed it away until it fell on the ground. The further away the better.

No matter how much he liked to pretend he was all innocent, only to see her response to his actions, there was always a certain point he could not keep himself in check anymore. He craved her. The heat of her skin against his. The possibility to leave marks wherever he pleased. For that to work he first needed to get rid of the last barrier. He pushed himself up as he took her in his lap. His lips found hers in a passionate kiss. Then he moved his hands once more, to the edge of her underdress, and beneath it at last. He dragged his nails over her skin as he traced upwards while pulling the fabric along. ”This has to go”, He said, his voice sounding rough because he was slightly out of breath.

Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney Freyr
Delaney Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 18 Mar 2020, 22:17
Here in their own candle lit world everything seemed so small and insignificant. The storms outside hardly bothered her, couldn’t penentrate the warmth the two gave off. She watched the man below her, her knees tucked tightly besides his lower body, her last pieces of clothing simply pulled from her body. Leaving the hot traces of his fingertips in their wake. She hungered for him, it was an odd sensation, nothing she had ever quite felt before. The simple need to be one with him, to let herself go and become nothing, yet everything at the same time.

Normally Delaney would absolutely stand against these types of feelings, they confused her, weakened her. But here in their little candle lit world, weakness did not matter. Nothing mattered, except for him and her.

Kissing him softly she felt her own smile against his lips, moving her hands to take of the remaining pieces of his clothing, leaving them both bare to eachother. Tracing her fingertips over his muscles. ”For just now.. Just now in this moment, we’ll last forever.” She breathed, her own voice becoming a bit more husky as she kissed his neck leaving little bitemarks in their wake.

Paralyzed Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Mar 2020, 17:46

To set his thoughts aside, even for just a short amount of time, was a blessing by itself already. It was difficult for him to let go of his responsibilities. The current situation had drained him of his energy quite a lot. He simply did not let it show. He had to be a strong leader, especially now. His people were looking for guidance and with the help of the Gods he would provide that. The Highlands would prevail in these dark times. However, there was only so much he could do. At a certain point he had to force himself to get some rest, or distraction. Else he would go mad sooner than the threat would be dealt with.

And in these times he was grateful to have a wife by his side. Mostly for the endless support she had given him lately. In little more than a few months she had proven to be exactly the High Lady he had needed by his side all along. She had adapted so fast and so perfectly. She was breathtaking in every aspect of the work. Especially when she so eagerly wanted to spend their time together being close to him.

Once they both had given in to their desires it didn’t take long before they lost the innocence behind their teasing. His excitement became quite noticeable and he couldn’t help but smirk because of it. She had learned a lot about his personal preferences too. It didn’t take her too long anymore to evoke such reactions. A low growl escaped from his chest as she tapped into his more primal state of mind. He moved his hands to her sides again, pushing his hips upward to bring her off balance before he pushed her aside. In a matter of seconds he was now on top of her. His pale blue eyes were burning as he locked his gaze with hers. Enough playing around. He wanted her and he wanted her now.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum