⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
Patron Saint 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: Traditional Alchemy
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

Patron Saint Empty Patron Saint

on Fri 03 Jan 2020, 22:54

Hier stond niks hoor xx

Last edited by Diana Freyr on Wed 27 May 2020, 00:08; edited 2 times in total

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Patron Saint Manea-Profil-Gif
Swaas

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

Patron Saint Empty Re: Patron Saint

on Sat 04 Jan 2020, 18:08
The preparations for her brother’s wedding were in full swing. They had been for a while now and wherever the raven-haired woman walked, she stumbled upon some kind of arrangements that were going on. All the Freyr siblings were back in Caer Scion and the castle was bustling with excitement and life. Both of those were things that Manea disliked. It was too hectic, too much movement that could distract from what could be happening. Of course there were also preparations when it came to protections, but it would always be risky to organize any kind of festivities within the borders of their city. It would always be a weak point.

The nervous ticking of heels against the stones of the courtyard were immediately picked up by the raven and her falcon screeched as it caught sight of Manea’s half-sister. Oh, to everything blessed by Solista and Yunuen, this couldn’t be happening. Her eyes rolled before she turned to the stern voice. The blonde seemed to have gotten the idea that she had even the slightest right to speak sternly to the bastard daughter of late lord Freyr. ”What, no sister?” she pointed out the greeting before greeting the woman herself, ”But nice to see you too… Diana.” The next words the blonde spoke however, made Manny laugh coldly. ”You can’t expect me to actually wear a dress to his wedding?” she asked while looking upon the heavens. This wedding was annoying her more and more with each passing day.

When I see my opponent flinch...
I know I've already won.

THE WARRIOR
Patron Saint 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 04 Jan 2020, 22:44

The entire castle was obsessed with the preparations for the wedding. While Apollo had decided to keep it small – close family only – the estate was still readied for a full spectacle. Of course, it was a very official occasion, so it needed to look the part. Decorations were to be on point, as were the guests. Jupiter and his new fiancée had come back from Wineport, along with Nox who had mysteriously disappeared for some reason. The family was complete, although it hurt her that Apollo was to get married without their father present. She was sure he would’ve loved to see it.

Now, she was supposed to fetch Manea, who would undoubtedly disobey any order that was thrown towards her. The woman was playing with her birds, which made some terrible screeching sounds as Diana approached. Such a nuisance. An immediate criticism of her way of greeting the younger woman. Diana just flashed her a faint smile, although her eyes did not participate whatsoever. She refrained from telling Manea that she wasn’t her sister to begin with. Subsequently, Manea objected. “Were you going to attend in your armor instead?” she questioned, tilting her head to the side a little bit. It wouldn’t surprise her if she’d caught Manea sitting among the others, clad in a shirt and a pair of trousers. “You’d look a bit out of place compared to the rest of the guests.” She would look as if she didn’t actually belong there. How interesting.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 16:44
The raven-haired woman didn’t have anything against festivities within the castle. Actually, she liked them, it would leave the barracks more empty than full and she’d have more time to train by herself. As long as she didn’t have to participate, she was fine with them. Bad news was however, that more often than not, she did have to participate in them and as Apollo had asked her to attend, she couldn’t say no and would have show her face. He had decided to keep the ceremony intimate, which meant that there wouldn’t be too many people present. Easy, that meant less defensive holes. The feast however, was what worried and annoyed Manea. She had to go, because her brother had asked that of her, and she would probably worry all night long about whether or not the defenses were sufficient.

Dark eyes, the only pair of dark eyes out of all late lord Freyr’s children, focused on the blonde woman standing towards the edge of the courtyard. Her comment about the greeting seemed to be registered and Manea couldn’t help but feel smug about that. ”Well there’s nothing keeping me from doing exactly that right? Attending in armor sounds a lot more comfortable than attending in a dress,” she answered the woman, only just keeping herself from rolling her eyes. It wasn’t a lie. To Manea, blouse and trousers sounded just fine but she doubted that her half-sister would allow her that pleasantry. ”You trying to tell me that you’d mind if it was obvious that I did not belong to your little family? No, you’re not. You’d like that. So why you trying to get me in a dress Diana? Please enlighten me. Her tone of voice didn’t change as she spoke, annoyance wasn’t showed. Manny’s falcon screeched again before coming down and landing on her shoulder. Her pale finger softly touched it’s head as she looked into it’s beady eye before looking back at the blonde, expectantly tilting her head a bit to the side.

I know I've already won.
Patron Saint 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 21 Jan 2020, 10:59

Usually, Diana tried to keep away from the likes of Manea as much as she could. She never had been able to bring herself to like the woman, even though most of her other family members did. Or at least, they accepted her. Diana, however, refused to see her half-sister as one of them, no matter how much Apollo seemed to take a liking to her. If anything, Manea’s connection to her twin brother irked her, as if she was trying to replace her. She knew what types of things the bastard woman was telling her brother as they trained together on the courtyard, fanning the flames of his anger towards the south. If she was not careful, Manea could single-handedly cause a war.

How she wished to wipe that smug smile off her face. Manea replied that she might just as well show up in armour instead of a dress, which made Diana briefly lift a brow. “Now that sounds like it would be embarrassing,” she slowly stated. For everyone involved. The mere thought of it made her cringe: her entire family, dressed in the finest fabrics, and Manea among them, wearing some filthy armour. If anything, it showed how much respect she really lacked for anyone. Even Apollo. It seemed as if Manea looked right through her, hitting the nail right on the head with her line of reasoning. “I do not care what you look like at the wedding. If anything, I’d be happy to show everyone that you do not belong among us. But it will be Apollo’s big day, and the slightest thing you could do for him is to make sure you look somewhat decent for once,” she stated. Her twin brother came before anything else, even before humiliating Manea. Although she wouldn’t mind in the slightest if that were to happen.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 21 Jan 2020, 13:38
If there was one person she was sure of that didn’t like her, it was Diana. The legitimate daughter of Mercury Freyr just seemed to dislike Manea ever since they had first met. Whatever the raven did, it was never to her liking and Manea had soon given up trying to get in the blonde’s good graces. Diana Freyr didn’t accept her bastard younger sister and there was nothing the raven-haired woman could do about that or wanted to do about that. Whenever Diana did seek her out, it was because she didn’t have another option. Like now, she was terrified that Manea would actually show up in armor and disgrace the whole family, so there was no other option than come look for her. Manea’s eyebrow lifted in answer to Diana’s. ”Does it now? I’ve never thought about it that way,” she sarcastically answered. The youngest bastard child hadn’t once thought about showing up in armor. She did however, think about coming in pants, but now she was honestly considering shining up her armor for the occasion.

Disgust was almost literally painted all over the blonde’s face and Manny had to keep herself at bay not to snort at the expressions the blonde was showing. Her words only showed more of her true self as she stated clearly that she wouldn’t like anything more than for everyone to see that Manea didn’t belong with the Freyrs at all. ”Isn’t my last name proof enough for you? That I don’t belong with the likes of you?” Manea answered the blonde, not bitter, nor angry about carrying the bastard last name, just stating the obvious. ”Since you asked so nicely,” she started with a venomous tone, ”I’ll dress myself somewhat decently.” Airquotes almost appeared out of thin air at the word decent. ”So tell me huh, sister, what do you suggest?” The raven was going with whatever the blonde had asked of her, just so she could taunt her a little bit more by using the term sister.

I know I've already won.
Patron Saint 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 21 Jan 2020, 19:28

Ever since their common father’s death, Diana’s dislike for Manea had become even more pronounced. She didn’t know what it was exactly, but the passing of her father had had a profound effect on her. It had turned her into something more mature, yet far more bitter. She easily resented people, and often felt justified in doing so because she felt they resented her in return. Manea was no exception, and was arguably the object of her scorn more so than anybody else. The other woman’s sarcastic replies made her blood boil, and Diana had half a mind to just turn her back on the bastard and let her humiliate herself and everyone else at the wedding. But she would probably be happy to do so, and Diana didn’t want to give her the satisfaction.

A curious brow raised on her part when Manea suggested that her surname already separated her from the real Freyrs. Even though they didn’t share the last name, Mercury’s bastard children were still seen as part of the family, however. Something that Diana was still very much uncomfortable with. Manea then caved, saying that she would dress ‘somewhat decently’, which probably still meant she would look like a peasant. “I doubt that you’re capable of doing such a thing,” she sarcastically replied. Manea could dress herself for battle, but that was pretty much it. “I suggest you come with me, get your measurements taken, and pick a fabric that you like,” she said. Now that the tailor was here, she might as well make use of it. Besides, it would be amusing for Diana to see.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 22 Jan 2020, 20:24
That Diana had never liked her, that much was certain. It wasn’t sudden new information that the blonde eldest daughter of Mercury had some pretty dark feelings towards the youngest bastard. What did seem new, however, was the fact that the blonde seemed even more bitter and angry towards Manea than the latter seemed to remember. That didn’t keep the raven-haired from fanning the fire a little bit more by throwing some more sarcastic comments towards her older sister. There was doubt on the elder woman’s face and the raven didn’t even have to guess what it was. She was consuidering to just let Manea do whatever she wanted. Most likely in hopes of her humiliating not only herself but also the rest of the Freyr family, including her two elder brothers, while at it.

The perfectly groomed eyebrow arched at Manea and it made it clear to the younger woman just how much they different they were from one another. Her sleek dark hair was braided and done up while the other prefered to wear hers down. Manea’s face was slightly smeared in dirt from training while Diana’s was clean. They were just very different and where Manea would accept that, it seemed to onlyu encourage Diana in her hate. Her words, again meant to hurt, resounded through the court yard and Manea shrugged. For once, she had to admit that Diana might have a point there. The raven had no idea how to dress herself appropriately for something like the marriage of her brother, let alone not only appropriately but decent in Diana’s standards. A sigh rolled over her lips, as she was really not looking forward to it. But who was she, to keep her brother from having the best day of his life. Who was she to have him worry about how she presented herself. Maybe it was time to grant Diana a win? ”I want this made clear. I’m doing this for him and in no way for you,” she spoke in a clear tone, ”But fine, you win, I’ll go with you,” she sounded resigned. This would be awkward in every sense of the word and she knew Diana would be gloating about it for months, no, probably years to come.

I know I've already won.
Patron Saint 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 22 Jan 2020, 20:59

Her dislike for her half-siblings had become more pronounced in the past few years, especially her disdain for Manea. She couldn’t help but feel like she was driving Apollo and her apart, which truly made her blood boil. But her anger and her bitterness weren’t limited to her half-brother and sister these days. She had also lashed out at her younger sister, who now had decided to travel Avalance by herself for whatever reason. Apollo and Jupiter were still in her good graces, but one could only wonder about how long that would last. Manea, however, was the only one who actively fanned the flames of her anger. Right now, it was no different, with the sarcastic remarks the woman was throwing her way. Diana very much attempted to hide her frustration.

Even though they shared a bloodline, the two women were different as night and day. Both in appearance and temperament. It didn’t help the tension between them. If anything, it made it worse. To this day, it eluded Diana how someone like Manea could even be considered part of a highborn family. The bastard seemed indifferent towards the comments that were intended to insult, which in turn frustrated Diana even more. A curious eyebrow was raised on her part, however, when the tides seemed to change and Manea accepted. A triumphant grin appeared on Diana’s face. “Very well,” she stated, clearly satisfied with herself. She turned on her heel, beckoning Manea to follow. “Please follow me. It would be rude to make the tailor wait even longer,” she said, as she started to walk. The poor woman had already stood in her room doing nothing for a while now. At least she would have her hands full with the likes of Manea.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Mar 2020, 10:15
Being a bastard often seemed like a pretty straight forward subject. You were born outside of marriage and most of the time, your father didn’t want anything to do with you. Within the Freyr family however, it was different. Mercury must’ve taken a liking to Juno at a certain point in time. There was no other reason why the man would’ve tried to incorporate his two bastard-children into his family the way he did. A lot of people thought Vulcan and Manea should be grateful for that, but the older she got the more she doubted that. Being a bastard was one thing, but being a bastard constantly confronted with the reality of not belonging was something of a whole other level. If she hadn’t been born with her father’s fighting spirit, she would’ve long since cracked beneath the pressure of never fitting in. However, Apollo had always accepted her, and that was what she was repaying him for with every step she took, with every swing of her sword and now she even gave in to Diana for him.

Two opposites of the Freyr spectrum. A blonde, elegant, legitimate daughter contrary to a raven-haired, rough illegitimate daughter. A lady contrary to a warrior. Really, they couldn’t be further apart but, in this second, they agreed, be it reluctantly from Manea’s side, that she should at least put a little effort in. The raven knew that Diana would only get more frustrated, which would in turn make Apollo worried if he caught wind of it, and that was something Manea didn’t want. The smug expression on the blonde’s face annoyed her instantly but she swallowed her sudden angry fire down, it seemingly burning her throat. She didn’t react when she was ordered to follow, and she just did. However, when they came closer to the room, Manea sighed. ”Will this take long though? I have more important matters to attend to,” she spoke while looking up. Even Jaci hadn’t followed her this time, he wasn’t made to be inside anyway, so she understood, but she missed the annoying noise the bird made. At least he could’ve annoyed Diana for her.

I know I've already won.
Patron Saint 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 16:22

Diana still didn’t understand why her father had kept his bastards so close, and even more, why her mother had tolerated it. Most men, and especially lords, refused to acknowledge their bastards, let alone take them into their home and pretend as if they were their legitimate children. Diana would rather not lay her eyes on the likes of Manea every single day, but sometimes she couldn’t avoid it. Today was one of those days, it seemed. And her confrontation with Manea once again wasn’t a pleasant one. She firmly believed that she and her bastard sister would forever clash. It was simply in their nature. The lady and the bastard.

As they stood opposite each other, the contrast became painfully clear once more. Diana would have preferred that Manea would not be at the wedding at all. Apollo had wanted to keep it small, family only, and in Diana’s eyes, Manea wasn’t family. But a seat had been reserved for the bastard woman, so the least Diana could do was to make sure she at least looked the part. It would only be insulting to her twin brother to have her sit there in dirty armour, like some peasant. At least the woman finally agreed, after a brief argument. With long strides, Diana headed back inside, to the chambers where the tailor would be waiting for them. Of course, Manea had another ignorant question, since she had ‘important’ matters to attend to. Diana greatly doubted it. “If you keep still and cooperate, it won’t have to take as long,” was all Diana said. If she could keep her snarky remarks to herself, they’d be done in a little while. Diana opened a door, letting Manea inside first. “Manea, this is Aniza Dalgaard, our taylor. She’ll be crafting your gown for you.” The tailor politely bowed her head in respect at the entrance. Diana already felt bad for her in advance.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 29 Mar 2020, 20:45
Confrontations. Manea liked them, she even lived for them. Whenever she felt one coming up, her skin would tingle in this pleasant way while her throat would start itching. A confrontation with Diana Freyr, however, never felt like that. Those felt uncomfortable, like a dry throat in the middle of summer and she wanted to get rid of the feeling as soon as possible. They had always disagreed on anything and everything but this time, Manea felt almost bad as she snapped at the older woman. Diana was doing this for Apollo. Not the snarky comments but helping Manea with finding appropriate clothing. Or well, she thought she did it for him, since Manea was sure Apollo wouldn’t care what his half-sister wore to his wedding.

Just the look in Diana’s eyes told her what was bothering the blonde and Manea hated it yet couldn’t deny that she understood her feeling in some way. Diana didn’t see her half-sister as a part of Apollo’s family while Manea hated that she never felt like a true part of family. They walked off and Diana was doing the exact same thing Manea did when trying to assert dominance, taking long strides in hopes of tiring the other person out. Sadly for her blonde half-sister, the raven-haired woman was as tall as she was and more trained so she could easily keep up. To the youngest of the two it sounded the same as getting fitted with an armor so she would endure. ”Fine, I can do that,” she hummed before walking in. Diana introduced the tailor and the raven bowed her head politely. She knew how to behave despite Diana thinking differently. ”Nice to meet you and I apologize in advance for not being as perfect as my sister,” she spoke in her monotone voice, while making sure to glance at said sister to make clear that she wasn’t serious about the perfect part.

I know I've already won.
Patron Saint 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 13 Apr 2020, 15:59

Diana was a lady, and ladies didn’t start fights. At least, that was what she had been told when she was little. She was to act graceful and poised, polite and collected. But part of her took delight out of moments like these. It made her feel powerful and triumphant to get the sense that she was superior to someone else, mainly because she felt powerless so very often. In the grand scheme of things, after all, Diana knew she was expendable. She was a woman, so her voice meant virtually nothing. She was a pawn to be wedded off, to bear some man’s children, and her use would end there. No matter how much she knew about politics or diplomacy, her opinions would always be overshadowed by that of lesser men.

Manea was one of the few instances where she had a chance at coming out on top, or so she felt. She couldn’t help but grin when she finally got the younger woman to come inside and meet the tailor. It would for sure be quite the spectacle. It was almost like taming a wild mustang. Manea told her that she would be able to keep still, which Diana greatly doubted, but she nodded regardless. The tailor was a blonde-haired woman, with round cheeks and light blue eyes. She smiled as Manea bowed in return. Diana rolled her eyes at the comment that followed. “Half-sister,” she then promptly corrected the other woman. She was quick to take offense at anyone thinking that they were actual sisters. The tailor nodded. “I will take your measurements first, my lady,” she spoke, reaching for the measuring tape. “If you would be so kind to raise your arms a little.” Diana had found herself a seat in the meantime, eyeing Manea like she was watching some comedic play. “I can’t wait to see you in an actual dress.” It would be like watching a bear in a tutu.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 13 Apr 2020, 18:29
This would make Apollo happy right? She was doing this to make sure that he felt good on his wedding day. The young raven didn’t care for either of her other half-siblings nor did she care for Delaney nor lady Ceres. All she wanted was for Apollo to not have to worry about her or about what people thought about her, so she was going along with Diana’s onslaught of stabs and jabs, she went with the woman to the tailor who was waiting for them already. The woman herself seemed rather nice, with a chubby face and bright blue eyes. Diana however was less pleasant. ”Ah, who cares. Sister? Half-sister? We differ too much anyway to be taken as actual biological sisters,” Manea spoke in her monotone voice.

Being addressed as milady made Manea shiver is annoyance but she pushed it back down again. This wasn’t the moment to get touchy feely about titles. The raven-haired woman stood up tall and spread her arms when the woman asked to. There was no doubt in her mind that her measurements would differ day and night from Diana’s. Manea was muscular and broad shouldered where Diana was slender and curvy, both perfectly adapted to their role in the family. Apart from their length she doubted that there would be any other place where that measuring tape would should the same number for her and the blonde. Her nostrils flared, and she glared at Diana. ”Could you stop? Just enjoy seeing me go through this humiliating event would you? Don’t make it even worse,” she hissed, a rumbling anger beneath her voice and she regretted putting down her swords earlier when they had entered the room.

I know I've already won.
Patron Saint 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 18 Apr 2020, 13:28

Tormenting Manea like this quietly amused her. The woman was always so in her element out on the courtyard, clad in her abominable armour, swinging her weapons around. It was refreshing to see her thrown in an environment in which she didn’t thrive, in which she didn’t know how to hold herself. It seemed as if she wasn’t all that adaptable after all. Put a dress on her, and she was in great discomfort. Diana’s face twisted in an unamused expression when Manea pointed out that terminology did not matter; they were too different to be considered sisters anyways. “I care,” she bluntly said. The distinction meant the world to her. Manea would never be her sister.

The slight discomfort in the raven-haired woman at the mere mention of the word ‘milady’ made Diana subtly grin. Diana had sat down, crossing one slender leg over another as she watched her half-sister get measured up. Her hips, her waist, her shoulders, her chest, they were all up for public scrutiny as the tailor measured them individually and noted down Manea’s sizes. They would need a hell of a dress to make Manea look somewhat feminine. Part of Diana was nervous, though, because she knew very well that her bastard sister was a beautiful woman if you were willing to look past the rough exterior. The younger woman glared at her, asking Diana to stop with the comments. Diana chuckled. “This is a once in a lifetime opportunity,” she noted. “And I’m intending to take as much advantage of it as I can.” The tailor finished measuring her half-sister, and then came up to the dark-haired woman. “Do you have a colour preference, milady?” she asked, motioning at a wide assortment of fabrics in many different colours. Most of them were dark hues of grey, blue, and black. The colours of House Freyr.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 22 Apr 2020, 17:13
Even for someone who didn’t have any grasp on the concept of emotions, it was clear that Diana was amused at the raven’s clear discomfort at this whole happening. Just to get back at her a little bit, she stated that terminology didn’t matter at all. ”And then again, I don’t care that you care,” she simply stated as Diana’s answer followed. As if the fact that her father cheated and put two bastards on the planet changed anything in Diana’s perfect little world. ”I don’t even know why you care,” were words that slipped out because of her thoughts around the subject. Maybe she’d get an answer and understand the blonde better that way. Not that that would make any difference to Manea.

It was hard to miss that the tailor was slightly confused by the fact that Manea’s measurements weren’t typical for noblewomen, not typical at all. There was no doubt in her mind however, that the woman would be able to make something that suited the occasion and the raven’s body just fine. After all, Diana always wore clothes that seemed to fit in perfectly with whatever she was doing, and the younger woman was sure that this tailor had something to do with that. Once in a lifetime, okay, she could do that. If she just stuck to this, let it all happen, she would be out of here and Diana would leave her alone. ”Do whatever you want, but keep your demeaning words to yourself, I’m sure you have enough of them in your head already, keep them there,” Manea stated with a sigh, giving up on the fight. Soon fabrics were almost stuffed up her nose, or well so it seemed to her and the raven stared at them for a while. ”I don’t really care, why don’t you let my sister decide for me?” she spoke in her same monotone voice, yet there was a little change at the word sister, knowing that would irritate the blonde.

I know I've already won.
Patron Saint 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Fri 24 Apr 2020, 23:28

There was a sadist inside everybody, and Diana’s just so happened to come out right now. Honestly, it wasn’t even that bad. If putting Manea in a dress was the worst of it, she really should be thankful. The woman insisted on staying blunt and rude, however, much to Diana’s annoyance. The woman’s words made her briefly clench her jaw, but she let it pass. Manea should be the last person to be getting under her skin like this. “There’s many things you do not know,” she merely said. She wasn’t about to explain the inner workings of her mind to Manea, let alone in front of her tailor.

The tailor certainly was up for a challenge. Manea’s measurements weren’t the most usual ones. Unlike most other ladies, who were either slender or curvy, Manea had a figure that Diana would simply call mannish. She was broad-shouldered and athletic, a true oddity. She could only wonder what the woman would look like in a dress. It would certainly take a skilled seamstress to work some fabric around that. She lifted a brow when Manea told her to keep her remarks to herself. The woman was awfully bold to command an actual lady like that. “I suggest you follow your own advice, Manea.” She was about done with the woman’s attitude. Next up, the choice of fabric colour, and Manea made the mistake of letting Diana decide. “Do you have any pink, rosy tones?” she inquired, with a wide smirk gracing her face. Of course, she wasn’t serious about it. She wasn’t going to let her half-sister attend the wedding in an absolute eye-sore of a gown, but it was worth it seeing the look on Manea’s face.  

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 25 Apr 2020, 21:33
There was little that managed to get a reaction from Manea Winter except the total and utter incapability of some of the recruits that littered the Highland barracks. Apart from that, there was one person who managed to rouse a reaction every single time, jus by opening her mouth and speaking, Diana Freyr. It was as if the woman’s sole purpose was to irritate and anger the raven to the point of no return, and she always did so with a smile on her face. The woman could see the blonde’s jaw flex in a way that betrayed just how annoyed it was and a smug grin almost break through Manea’s mask. A comment about Mercury indiscretions drifted through her mind, but she didn’t want to rip open old wounds. Not for Diana and not for herself. ”There’s many things indeed, but please enlighten me on this one. Be a nice big sister,” she hummed, her voice still monotone, but she was starting to see the pleasure in pushing all Diana’s buttons. It almost caused the same rush as battle.

A sigh left the tailor as she finished up measuring the woman’s hips, a frown marring her older face, and the raven took that moment to cast her eyes up. Solista surely wasn’t with her today, if anything she had blatantly decided to leave her to her misery and thus to her older sibling. ”Maybe I will, maybe I won’t,” the woman stated, moving her hands in a shrugging motion and the tailor sighed again. Okay, this really wasn’t her thing, Manea wasn’t used to standing still, let alone for long periods of time, and this old woman was experiencing the consequences of that. What had happened was a mystery to the raven, but she let Diana pick the color of her dress. Words left Diana’s mouth and the youngest of the two glared at her older sister, her face falling in disgust, yet didn’t say anything. ”Why not take the less diluted version and go for blood red instead,” she answered after gathering her face. If there was any color she wouldn’t mind as much is was the color of pure blood, but in the end they would settle on the colors of House Freyr, they both knew that.

I know I've already won.
Patron Saint 4tMYMeI
Demi

Character Sheet
Diana Freyr
Diana Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 17 May 2020, 15:52

Diana never had been known for her kindness nor her warmth. She was often seen as cold-hearted and unforgiving, and perhaps there was a little bit of truth in that. It was really a way of hiding how completely insecure she was deep down. Denigrating others made her feel like she was on top, even though quite the opposite was true. She didn’t have much of a say in anything. She had to stick to her place, listen to her family until she would be wedded off to some random man, who would from then on be her master. In some ways, she was little more than a slave, which is why it irked her to see Manea enjoy such tremendous freedom. She snorted at Manea’s words. “I am the daughter of a Lord and a Lady. You were an unfortunate accident that far outstayed your welcome,” she explained. “That’s the difference.”

Manea had to go ahead and show her edgy side by suggesting her dress to be a scarlet red, making Diana roll her eyes so much that they almost ended up in the back of her head. “At least you’ll stand out like the sore thumb you are,” she eventually concluded with a shrug. Diana then eyed the poor tailor again, who was awkwardly smiling at the vicious quips that were thrown back and forth. “How about we just stick to the colours of House Freyr? I’m sure dark greys, blues, and blacks will suit you more than bright pink.” It wouldn’t be as hilarious, but well, she couldn’t have everything she wanted, could she?

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea Winter
Manea Winter
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 08 Jun 2020, 09:54
If Manea had held a little more empathy, a little more understanding for the woman she was so steadily annoying, she’d understand that the woman was just trying to compensate her own feelings. However, Manea was terrible at feelings to begin with so she simply didn’t see it that way. Diana’s snort and words made Manea grin. She could probably light the fire under the blonde’s feet more if she talked about the fact that the twins were just a means to an end while she and her older brother had been loved. However, there was this voice in the back of her head that told her not to. She’d never say those words to Apollo, so why would she say them to Diana. With the sole purpose of hurting her? Hurt was for battle, not for conversations. ”Ah, yes, thank you for enlightening me sis,” she spoke, acting aloof about it all, as if she was just grateful about the piece of information and didn’t care about the insult.

Not wanting to hurt the blonde was a far cry from not wanting to annoy her, and the raven couldn’t help but grin as she saw Diana roll her eyes. ”And you’ll have a chance to be annoyed by it all day long, wouldn’t you like that?” she asked the woman with peaked interest, be it faked or not. She saw her older sister’s eyes go to the tailor and Manea did the same. Even with her limited knowledge on emotions, she could see that the woman was uncomfortable, like holding your sword with your untrained hand. ”Fine by me, it’s not like I’ll be wearing it long, or often for that matter,” she hummed stubbornly while pointing at a nice dark blue that she didn’t hate. ”Is this almost over and done with? I’ve about had it with acting like royalty here?” she hissed while looking at Diana over her shoulder.

I know I've already won.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum