⠀Forged in Fire
A dutch/english medieval fantasy RPG
Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

WINTER

As winter arrives, the temperature lowers and the Highlands are covered in a blanket of snow, while the rest of Avalance deals with more rain and periods of wet snow.

Current Event

A Reign of Destruction

The people of Avalance wonder whether they have a new problem on their hands as the rain keeps crashing down from above. As if that wasn't enough, the King starts raising their taxes, taking from what little they have left.

Account switch

Username

Password

Credits

Copyright ©2020 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

ik ben hier zo klote druk mee geweest red mij uit fif hel, jk bbys love u all
Special thanks to Kiki for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Go down
A little tenderness 15c977077934a541a3be0a8c1c60b8e2
Demi

Character Sheet
Magic: None
Ophelia Freyr
Ophelia Freyr
Avalance Citizen

A little tenderness Empty A little tenderness

on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 14:29

Her first day in Caer Scion had gone unexpectedly well. It was more exciting than anything, really. Jupiter, Nox, and her had arrived earlier today, and her beloved’s home city was quite a sight to behold. The cold was something she would definitely need to get used to, but the snow was absolutely stunning. The people here eyed her as if she was some exotic animal, which meant that she wasn’t blending in entirely just yet. That didn’t mean she wasn’t starting to feel at home, though. Jupiter had been incredibly hospitable towards her. He’d shown her around the castle, giving her a thorough impression as to how he and his siblings had grown up here. It was wonderful to see.

One location in particular had caught her eye. There was a part of the castle that had a dome-shaped ceiling, which allowed anyone sitting underneath to look up at the sky. Ophelia figured that it would be a stunning sight at nighttime, so before she would head of to bed, she made her way to the room with the open ceiling. It still felt a little strange to wander through these foreign hallways by herself and for a second she feared that she would get lost in them, but eventually she reached her destination. She gently opened the door, stepping inside, and closing it behind her. Only then she noticed that she wasn’t the only person in here. “Lord Freyr,” she softly spoke, her voice rising in pitch due to her surprise. “I hope I’m not interrupting.” She did not want to bother him in his own home, of course.

you are

terrifying,

and strange,

and beautiful

not something

everyone knows

how to love
A little tenderness Is8fWWU
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

A little tenderness Empty Re: A little tenderness

on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 16:57

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

Lately, he felt more out of control of his own emotions. The last couple of weeks had been intense. He had never allowed himself to get distracted from his goals. That had changed, and he found himself wondering whether he had to trust it and go along with it or resist. He kept these doubts to himself, as usual. He knew the near future held even more disturbance of the life he was used to. There was only one certainty in his life right now, and it was the rise and fall of the Sun and Moon, entangled in their eternal dance in the skies.

Hence why he had retreated himself into the solar at the end of the day. It gave him peace of mind to watch the sky changing. Even though he felt more drawn towards Solista, he knew Yunuen’s healing light could wash away all his sorrows. He watched the last rays of sunlight making way for the softer light of the Moon. He sat there, in peace, only for just a little while, until he had to face his responsibilities again.

Though it came sooner than expected. Suddenly, he was not alone anymore. For a second, he thought it was Manea, though he realised it was not his dear sister right after. His pale eyes focussed on the brunette, recognising her as Lady Ophelia of the Evergreen. ”Worry not, my Lady. You are welcome to join, if you wish”, He said, gesturing at the comfortable seats spread around the room. ”Forgive me for not being present when you arrived earlier. I was occupied elsewhere. Welcome to Caer Scion”, He then said. He assumed Jupiter had taken the time to show her around, else she wouldn’t have known of the existence of this room. It wasn’t exactly open for anyone that was not family.

Demi

Character Sheet
Ophelia Freyr
Ophelia Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 15 Dec 2019, 21:06

Ophelia had quietly wandered through the halls, occasionally flashing a polite smile at every guard she passed. She was usually met with a stern, unmoving gaze. It would be hard to get the stoic Highlanders to like her. They didn’t respond to the same things the people in the Evergreen did. They didn’t care for flashy gowns and gaudy speeches. It took time and effort to win over their trust, and Ophelia was willing to put in the work.

Her long dress swayed across the floor. She had chosen it especially for its pale blue hues, proudly wearing the colors of House Freyr during her trip to Caer Scion. It was a little too revealing for a place like this, though. She’d never been in an environment as cold as this one, so she had to switch gears when it came to the way she dressed herself. From what she had gathered, furs were the way to go around here.

Her brown eyes widened when she walked in on none other than the High Lord himself. Of course, she didn’t want to disturb him during his one moment of peace. The man indicated that he didn’t mind, however. She smiled as he welcomed her to join, walking into the room further. She briefly eyed at the ceiling, which was now displaying the night sky beautifully. Her gaze was then redirected to Apollo. “It’s alright, my Lord. I know from my father that ruling an entire province is by no means easy,” she spoke. She sat down on one of the comfortable looking seats and looked up at the ceiling again. “It’s absolutely stunning,” she softly whispered. She had never seen something quite like it. It made her glad that she’d chosen to come along with Jupiter in the first place.

you are

terrifying,

and strange,

and beautiful

not something

everyone knows

how to love
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 13:06

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

This room held so many memories. It was the only true sanctuary in the whole castle. Even he could not resist the influence of the Sun or Moon shining down once inside. He always felt different in here. He wasn't quite sure if it was in a good way or a bad one. He allowed himself to be vulnerable in here, knowing only his family would ever dare to enter. And now Lady Ophelia had found her way to the solar too. He was surprised, and at the same time, he wasn't. He understood there was a certain curiosity in the younger woman. And it gave him the opportunity to speak with her, without Jupiter being around.

Because he now knew out of experience lovers behaved differently around each other. Now he would get to know her for who she was, the future Warden of the West. "My father used to retreat here whenever he had important decisions to make. A lot of letters have been written at the desk over there", He told her, a certain hint of pride in his voice. Lord Mercury had been a good leader to his people. He hoped he could be the same, but in his own way.

"I come here to not be a Lord for a while", He therefore then confessed. "So please, call me Apollo", He asked of her. He glanced up to the sky again, his gaze drawn to the Moon and stars around Him. "I assume you don't believe in the same Gods as we do. What do you feel when you look up? Honestly?" He then curiously asked. He wondered if she was capable of feeling that same sense of safety and healing as he did.

Demi

Character Sheet
Ophelia Freyr
Ophelia Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Dec 2019, 16:27

After the Vigneron ball, Ophelia was quite happy to be able to leave her home city for a little while. The festivities had unfortunately taken a turn for the worst when Lady Lilum Couture had been found dead. Murdered. The party had been terminated immediately, and all the guests had fled home in fear that the murderer was still around, lurking within the walls of the estate in search of another victim. Ophelia hadn’t been able to sleep for the nights that ensued. Lady Couture was a proper woman, a good person. There was no reason anyone would want her to die, was there? If she wasn’t safe, no one else was.

Up here in the North, however, she felt a lot safer. Everything that happened that night now felt so far away. She now found herself in a room with the High Lord of the Highlands himself. Something she wouldn’t have pictured herself doing a few months prior. Ophelia smiled as the man told her about his father, looking over towards the desk. She pictured the late Mercury Freyr there, writing letters and stamping his signet ring onto the envelopes. “I’ve heard a lot about Lord Mercury,” she spoke. Mostly good things, too. That he was a good lead, and above all, a good man.

She nodded at his request. “Of course, my- I mean, Apollo,“ she spoke. It was always strange for her to not address people by their proper titles. Her brown eyes were redirected upwards at his next words. “Honestly,” she started, “I feel small, humbled, grateful. My faith tells me that the moon and the sun gave birth to dragons. These dragons then created and shaped our world.” She eyed the stars, her eyes lingering on the largest ones. “We owe our lives to the moon.” All the beauty and all the suffering in the world stemmed from the night sky.

you are

terrifying,

and strange,

and beautiful

not something

everyone knows

how to love
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Mon 23 Dec 2019, 12:51

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

In castles as old as the seat of power in Caer Scion, there was a lot of history hidden in between the cracks of the walls. There had been talk of peace and war, of feasts and battle. Important contracts had been signed, even in this very room. Agreements to trade, arrangements regarding the army and its movements. Beneath the watchful gaze of either Solista or Yunuen his father had used this solar as a place of solitude, to acquire insights on the next move he was supposed to make.

In a way, he did the same. Though he came here to find himself again. To not lose track of who he was in his core. The world had an influence on him. Here, he could be free. Just like him, Ophelia felt the same humbling atmosphere. She went on to explain how her faith made her believe the dragons were born from the Sun and Moon he worshipped.

"The Sun and Moon created life. All life", He said with a soft smile around his lips. He did not want to discuss religion. Yet it was important to share his views, as he knew Jupiter believed the same. "They know who we truly are. They see beyond the mirage we create. In their judgement they see our truest form", He added. He turned his gaze towards her. "To honour that we must keep our hearts pure", He said. "It is what I try to do, at least. Every decision I make, every word I speak or keep quiet, is to stay true to myself. I hope this gives you some insights on who I am, beyond the rumours. We are to be family. I wish for you to understand me just like my brother does", He concluded. It had taken Jupiter a while too, but now he finally did. He truly hoped Ophelia could do the same at some point and see him as a man who kept his promise to keep his people safe and happy, not some cold-hearted savage with a rebellious attitude towards the crown.

Demi

Character Sheet
Ophelia Freyr
Ophelia Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 24 Dec 2019, 16:56

It was curious to be in a place of which she had heard so many stories. Caer Scion, the stronghold of the North. It looked even more breath-taking than she’d imagined, especially now that the snow was heavily falling. It was almost as if she’d stepped into a fairy tale. She considered it to be a privilege to be able to come here. She knew that the people of the Highlands were rather wary of outsiders, but she would move mountains to earn their trust. Jupiter was trying his best to integrate in her community, and she would repay him by doing the same.

Getting to know Jupiter’s family was a part of getting to know him. She knew he was a little closed off, not very eager to show himself emotionally. She wondered whether that was the same for the rest of House Freyr. She had let go of her prejudices toward the North, since she had found that they weren’t even remotely true. Now that she was talking to Lord Freyr himself, she was even more sure that her initial preconceptions about House Freyr were unjustified.

The Warden of the North told her that the sun and moon were the creators of all life. Ophelia figured that their beliefs were more similar than they were different. Their contexts were distinguishable, but the essence of their worldview was one and the same. She quietly listened to Lord Freyr’s words, being moved by how profound they were. She hadn’t found a trace of the alleged savages she was told she would find here. “I won’t lie,” she started. “Before I met Jupiter, I let myself be misguided by rumours and prejudice, but I have found that those are often false.” She had heard the most horrific things about House Freyr, but they were just cruel gossip. “I have come to care for Jupiter greatly. He has been working hard to adapt to life in Wineport, and I want to pay him the same courtesy.” A faint smile appeared on her face. “I wish to thank you and your family for being so hospitable towards me,” she genuinely spoke. She had been received with the utmost dignity. All she could hope was for the rest of her stay to go as smoothly.

you are

terrifying,

and strange,

and beautiful

not something

everyone knows

how to love
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 28 Dec 2019, 16:20

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

Opening up towards strangers was certainly not his strong suit. It was in his blood to be wary of others. Perhaps it was a Freyr personality trait. He had seen his parents and siblings struggle with the same. Even towards each other they tended to keep emotions to themselves. One of his other motives was the fact that he believed it was the only way of keeping his kin safe. He hoped it prevented them to become targets by those who disagreed with the way he ruled the Highlands. They had a strict and sometimes brutal way of making sure the laws were held up.

Depending on the situation people could see a different side of him. Like Ophelia, who would be a part of the family at some point, had caught him in the one room where he dared to be just Apollo, and not the Warden of the North. Carefully he listened to her explanation. ”Rumours can be a great defense mechanism”, He added his thoughts. ”A reputation like ours has kept danger out of these walls for a long time”, He said, vaguely gesturing at their surroundings as he spoke. He wasn’t afraid to fuel those rumours either. All to protect his family.

”So I heard. I hope to visit Wineport at some point too”, He said. Of course he would attend the wedding, but it was different to visit for political matters than it was out of genuine interest. He would always have to keep up his guard when they expected the Lord of the Highlands. ”Your gratitude is appreciated. We will certainly arrange a dinner with the whole family soon, so you can meet the others. With this many siblings it’s quite hard to occasionally run into all of them together”, He said with an amused tone in his voice. Everyone tended to wander around by themselves a lot. Before he could go on, a familiar sound came from the hallway. ”Oh, there is one more family member you should meet”, He said, a soft grin playing around his lips. He got up and walked over to the door. Once he opened it, a gigantic tomcat marched inside. ”This is Pluto”, He introduced the pet to her. The animal approached her curiously yet carefully, as only cats could.

Demi

Character Sheet
Ophelia Freyr
Ophelia Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sat 04 Jan 2020, 14:40

Ophelia easily talked to others, sometimes a little too easily. She was quick to trust others, to confide in them with things that she should probably keep to herself. Oversharing was definitely a risk for her. She felt quite at ease with Apollo right now, but she could hear various voices in the back of her head telling her to beware. These people were Jupiter’s family, yes, but they were still very much strangers to her. She would have to tread lightly.

In a way, they shared the same burden. Apollo was the Lord of House Freyr, Warden of the North. If her father were to perish, she would become the High Lady of the Evergreen. She had asked her father to relieve her of this duty, however, and he had agreed. The problem was that there was still no other heir than her. Apollo explained that the rumours were a way of defence. A reputation to ward off unwelcome strangers. She nodded. “I understand,” she softly spoke. The rumours had certainly worked on her, after all.

A bright smile lit up her face as he said that he wished to visit Wineport eventually. “Please let me know if you do. I’d like to give you a proper welcome,” she said. In a true Evergreen fashion, he would make sure he was welcomed like the High Lord he was. He would definitely have to get used to it, the same way Jupiter would, but it would be good to get used to each other’s cultures. She appreciatively nodded when Apollo said he’d organize a dinner for them all. “That’d be lovely.” Besides Apollo and Nox, she hadn’t met any of Jupiter’s siblings just yet. From what she’d heard, there were three more. And then there was the matriarch of the family. Apparently, there was one more family member. A large cat named Pluto. “Oh my,” she breathed in awe. “He’s marvellous.” She reached out her hand to allow the animal to sniff it before deciding to approach her. “Are all the cats here this large?” All she knew were the small, emaciated street cats in Wineport. This was something entirely different.

you are

terrifying,

and strange,

and beautiful

not something

everyone knows

how to love
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Wed 22 Jan 2020, 22:54

People would always gossip. No matter how hard anyone ever tried to be a good person, there would always be those spreading toxic untruths and exaggerated nonsense. He had learned from a young age to use it to his advantage. It was how House Freyr had survived for so long. The Northerners respected their High House. The Southerners were afraid. It was exactly how he wished to reign, looking after his people and protecting his family at the same time. She seemed to finally understand why he didn’t try to put an end to those rumours. He simply nodded, glad to pass on to another subject.

”A proper welcome?” He echoed, curiosity mixed with slight concern in his voice. He could hardly imagine what she meant by that. Must be a Southern thing. For now his welcome was to introduce her to the rest of the family. Even though it was Jupiter’s task, he wanted to give them both an opportunity to appear at the dinner table together. It was only appropriate. Before all that though, she got to meet the least scary family member of House Freyr. Pluto marched inside like he owned the place. He went straight for the woman sitting on the couch, curious yet cautious.

The tomcat hopped on the couch, taking in the space he had occupied seconds earlier. He huffed in amusement and shook his head. Cats were the same, no matter the size. ”No, not all of them. We have the regular ones too. This is just a breed that only lives here up North”, He explained. He sat down on the arm rest of the couch, looking down upon both the cat and Ophelia. ”Do you own any pets?” He then asked. A very normal question. So normal he was almost surprised it had come out of his own mouth.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Demi

Character Sheet
Ophelia Freyr
Ophelia Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 15 Mar 2020, 15:32

Now that she was seated so close to Lord Freyr himself, she couldn’t quite place the rumours. He didn’t look barbaric, nor vicious. If anything, he seemed one of the most reasonable and patient men she had had the pleasure of talking to in quite a while. She couldn’t help but wonder where they came from. Perhaps there were simply a lot of mean-spirited fear mongers out there, who felt the need to produce and spread untruthful rumours. Or perhaps Lord Freyr did possess a violent streak, and she had yet to see it.

A proper welcome in true Evergreen fashion, but he seemed to be unfamiliar with her. She smiled as she clarified the concept. “Wine, tea, lemon cakes, freshly cut meats. Whatever food and drink you desire at your arrival,” she illustrated. Guests in the south were always appropriately welcomed with a feast, and of course she would do the same for Lord Freyr. After all, he was to become her family.

Her face lit up at the sight of Pluto. Ophelia generally feared many animals, such as horses and dogs. Cats, however, were usually not a problem, even though Pluto was rather large. She hummed as Apollo explained that this was a breed that only lived up North. “It’s as if everything’s bigger up here,” she softly spoke, still eyeing the cat. The horses seemed sturdier, the people seemed taller, and apparently the cats were larger too. She shook her head in response to his question. “Unfortunately, no,” she replied. “Although I wouldn’t mind having one of these around.” They were absolutely beautiful to her. “But I’m sure they wouldn’t care much for the south.” With such a thick coat, the summers down there would be torture.

you are

terrifying,

and strange,

and beautiful

not something

everyone knows

how to love
Wolf

Character Sheet
Apollo Freyr
Apollo Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Sun 22 Mar 2020, 19:50

This moment was ideal to get to know his soon to be sister-in-law. It was when he was the most himself, the most authentic. He was entirely different when he was dealing with business as the Warden of the North. His responsibilities went beyond his personal happiness. That meant that he was not always this pleasant. He did what had to be done, even when it meant being harsh on those that deserved it. The people of the North were proud and stubborn. They needed a firm hand and a strict law to thrive. House Freyr had provided that ever since the foundation of the Northern region, and he intended to keep it that way.

It was a difficult balance. Especially in a world that was rapidly changing. Now his brother was engaged to a Southerner. It had been quite some time since that had happened. And he found himself enjoying her company. She was a pleasant young lady. He was already curious to what she had in mind for that Evergreen welcome she spoke of. Apparently good food and drinks. ”Lemon cakes? Never heard of that”, He said with an amused tone in his voice. He expected that news would quite offend her.

Living in different regions meant being used to other things. Like cats, apparently. She had never seen one as big as the Skogkat before. ”Animals had to adapt to the harsh conditions. Only the strong survive in the bitter winters here”, He explained. ”So no, I don’t think he’d appreciate the warmth”, He then chuckled. He gave the cat a quick ruffle through his thick fur before he got up once more. ”I wish we could talk some more, however I have a meeting to attend in a bit”, He excused himself. ”I will inform Jupiter you both are invited for dinner tonight. I’m sure he would like to escort you there himself”, He added. That way she couldn’t get lost in this unfamiliar castle. ”It was a pleasure meeting you, Lady Ophelia”, He said with a faint smile. He then bowed ever so slightly to her and turned around, to make his way towards the door. Once he left the room, his face was neutral again, his expression somewhat distant. He went back into High Lord mode before he started heading to the meeting room.

I feel like I've dulled myself through distance and distractions. I keep staring at the same unanswered questions hanging over my head everyday. When I try to answer them I realize how I thought I'd be set free, but instead I found I was just illuminating how little I actually knew about myself. Why do I ignore fires burning in the corners of my life until the flames are about to engulf me?
Demi

Character Sheet
Ophelia Freyr
Ophelia Freyr
Avalance Citizen

on Tue 24 Mar 2020, 23:32

The conversation with her future brother-in-law made her feel better. The man was nothing like the rumours had said he would be, at least, not with her. She was glad to find that she could actually feel at home here in Caer Scion. All of a sudden, the future didn’t seem so scary anymore. If anything, she was excited for the union between their two houses. She was sure they could learn a lot for each other, as well as do something meaningful for Avalance. Together.

Ophelia looked genuinely surprised when he said he’d never heard of lemon cakes before. Poor southerners. They didn’t even have lemon cakes. She flashed him a smile. “Really? They’re quite a famous delicacy down south. I’m sure you’ll love them,” she assured him. Everyone did, after all. She attentively listened when Apollo told her about this ‘Skogcat’, smiling as Apollo ruffled the massive creature’s fur. He then excused himself; he had to get to a meeting. Ophelia nodded in understanding, getting up as well. “I will see you tonight at dinner then. The pleasure was all mine, Lord Apollo,” she said, showing him the same respectful bow in return. She watched him walk away, carefully studying the way he moved. Lord Apollo Freyr, her brother-in-law.

you are

terrifying,

and strange,

and beautiful

not something

everyone knows

how to love
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum