Welcome to Forged in Fire

Forged in Fire is a high fantasy role-playing game, which is set in a world where legends come alive. Dragons exist, magic is at the tip of your fingers and the lands are beautiful beyond imagination. Join us in a journey throughout Avalance. Create your character and allow yourself to be surprised by the many adventures that lie ahead. Where one moment your character might be on its way to finding love, he could encounter a dragon or a unicorn the next. Nothing is impossible in these lands.

Current Season

SPRING

Winter has left Avalance. In the South of Avalance, the green color of Spring is returning and since the disappearance of Stormbringer, the North hasn't been bothered by any more storms.

Current Event

A Dream of Ice

A Dream of Ice is coming to an end, with four lucky people finding the egg of a dragon. What will happen next?

Account switch

Username

Password

Discord

Credits

Copyright ©2019 by the FiF team
All rights reserved. No part of these texts may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the staff. All images and characters belong to their respective owners and may not be reproduced, copied or altered without written permission.

Special thanks to madeinsevilla93 for our profiles and Wazilikie for our Sigil designs.

The site works on all browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome.

Apollo Freyr
Mini-avatar : This is my promise to you Is8fWWU
IC posts : 253
Alias : Wolf

Character Sheet
Religion: Sun and Moon
Apollo FreyrLord of Caer Scion

This is my promise to you Empty
This is my promise to you

on Sat 16 Nov 2019, 22:40

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

The sun was slowly setting. It felt like late afternoon, but he knew better than to trust the light to determine what time it was. The days were getting shorter at a rapid pace. Winter would come soon, and they had to be prepared. Those were sorrows for another day though. He had more important matters on his mind now. For the first and probably last time he would ever not put his people above his own feelings. He figured that if not today, then when? It was supposed to be one of the most important days in his life. He was being wed to a beautiful and fierce woman. He could have not wished for anything more.

Perhaps the only thing he would change about today, was the fact that his father would not be there to see him get married. He refrained himself from sighing. He looked at the setting sun once more, and then fixed his pale gaze back upon the tombstone in front of him. He didn't say a word. There was nothing to say. He turned around and left the cemetery, to get prepared for the ceremony.

His clothing was typical Freyr attire. Black and dark blue as primary colours. A cape with a white fur covering his shoulders. He looked at himself in a mirror, one last time. He then left the room, locking his eyes with his best friend. He would be his witness today, so he was wearing similar clothes to him. "You look dashing", He said with a slight smirk. Maybe he was trying to hide his nerves, maybe not. We will probably never find out.

Once at the cathedral, he walked down the aisle towards the altar. His family was already seated. He took his time to look at all of them individually. His mother, looking powerful and integer at the same time. His twin sister, with whom he had had many disagreements, that had shaped him into the man he was today. His younger brother, seated next to his wife-to-be. He had noted the warmth in his heart towards the young Lady. It was then that he knew it would be alright in the end. His younger sister, who had finally returned home. She had changed, clearly, as she was trying to find her place into this world.

His half-brother and half-sister, who he saw as his siblings regardless of them having a different mother. They had proven numerous times they were family, and he would not want to miss either of them on this special day. The Carthas family was seated on the other side, where Delaney would stand in a bit. All that was lacking now, was the bride herself.

Delaney Freyr
Mini-avatar : This is my promise to you ICNnwqZ
IC posts : 58
Alias : Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney FreyrLady of Caer Scion

Re: This is my promise to you

on Wed 20 Nov 2019, 13:51
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
Today was the day, her day. She should be the happiest girl alive. She should be dancing, singing with joy. But right now, at this very, she didn’t know is she could ever smile again. The dress she was wearing was gorgeous, made of fine fabric and gemstones like stars sewn upon. The tight dress hugged her figure, making her look slim and twice as long. She looked like an goddess walking the earth. Her pearly white hair curling around her shoulders. Being tightened up in a high bun.

Yet in that mirror, which showed her herself in full glory. That dimly lit room while a maid finished the straps around her wrists was that she saw all the flaws. The subtle scars running across her neck. The battle wounds once bleeding, now healed over. She wasn’t this little fairy princess  they pretended her to be. She wasn’t flawless and innocent. She was beaten and broken. Taken as a hostage by a monster, secrets she couldn’t speak of. Dreams long lost. She had never been that innocent girl, she had never been anyone worth marrying. It had always been her sister who was the hope for her family, why would she now be the one. To marry a high lord? A possible future king..

She was a warrior, a huntress not a lady. But running away was no longer an option. She would have to face this battle without a blade to protect her.

The only reason she still stood here, the thing that would get her through this all. Would have to be her future husband. Apollo Freyr. He had been nothing but kind to her, he had seen her for who she was, what she wanted to be. He had accepted this, he did not see the fairy princess, he saw the warrior she was. That this dress was just another armor.  This wedding another war, and they would fight it together.

”You ready miss?” The question stirred her back to the reality of the time that had passed while she had been lost in her misery. She quickly nodded at the maid and followed, her footsteps silent on the cold floor. The walls passed her in a flash and before she truly realized it the doors swung open showing the rows upon rows of people. She noted her little niece all smiling, her bridesmaid. She had promised the girl and right now she was happier than ever to have her standing so close. She took a breath, focused herself on Apollo standing at the and of the rows and took her steps. Slow and steady, forcing her breath to stay even and calm. One step at a time until she felt the hairs on her arm tingle and her hand finally reached that of Apollo. Staring up at him she smiled genuinely. ”Here I am my lord.” She whispered soft, stealing the few seconds before she would be wed to open herself up to him. ”Hope you haven’t waited long for me.”

Dress: Link

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
Apollo Freyr

Character Sheet

on Thu 21 Nov 2019, 21:13

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

As they had discussed before, not a lot of people would attend the ceremony. Later, there would be a feast in the castle, and each and every establishment of leisure in Caer Scion would serve food and drinks at the expense of House Freyr. Some would argue it was a mistake to spend so much coin right before winter. He had thought about it, though he had quickly dismissed those concerns. Coin was no good when it was just sitting around in a treasure room. With the gold the people earned tonight, they could stock up for the winter to come.

Each decision made regarding this wedding, was made with the well-being of his people in the back of his mind. Even his bride. She was chosen by his mother, in order to provide a future Lord, one that could continue the path he was carving for him. And yet.. Yet this was a plan that had turned out to be in his favour more than he could had ever wished for. Because when she walked in she took his breath away. Not by her appearance alone, no. It was her demeanour, her attitude, the way she carried herself and the look in her eyes that made him realise he was a lucky man.

A soft smile curled around his lips when she joined him at the altar, taking his hand for support. He hoped she knew he was holding on to her too. From now on they would face all the hardships together. They would fight side by side for a better world, a better North. "Only my entire life", He whispered back, his tone carrying emotions only she would ever see, as there was a very specific kind of love reserved for husband and wife.

And that they would be, after this was over. The priest started citing phrases that had been repeated in this cathedral a thousand times before and would be repeated a thousand times more. Eventually, he turned around to face her. He took her hand in his again. Now it was his turn to speak. His pale gaze found hers as he looked down. "Today I give myself to you", He started, his voice clear and determined. "I swear to encourage you, cherish you and care for you as long as we both shall live. I swear to support you, respect you and hold you in my highest regard until Yunuen calls upon me", He continued. He subtly tightened his grip.

"This is my promise to you."

Delaney Freyr
Mini-avatar : This is my promise to you ICNnwqZ
IC posts : 58
Alias : Michelle

Character Sheet
Delaney FreyrLady of Caer Scion

on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 13:38
No woman should be made to fear that she was not enough.
Her heart fluttered for a mere second, her eyes meeting his, deep blue staring into his dark irises. She knew all the eyes watching her, knew the expectations that were hanging on her words. But she knew that everything she did, all she said. It would not be true to the feelings that hid deep inside. This feeling could not be explained. It was hope and fear. Longing and danger. Hiding inside her heart was the purity of which she had never thought could excist. But here in this moment. This small moment of them holding hands, his whispered words of a promise for his forever. It all made sense.

She was a warrior, as she would be a mother. She was a beast, hidden inside an human skin. A wolf waiting to leap from her fingertips. Her mind drifted to the wild outside their castle walls. The howls sounding in her ears with the words Apollo spoke. And in that same moment, doubt faded and she hold his hand that tiny bit tighter. There was little silence as he cleared her throat with a deep breath. Watching him and only him. "I, in the name of Solista who resides within us all, by the life that courses within my blood, and the love that resides within my heart, promise to you my hand, my heart, and my spirit. To desire and be desired by only you, to possess you, and be possessed by you, without sin or shame, for naught can exist in the purity of my love for you. I promise to love you wholly and completely without restraint, in sickness and in health, in plenty and in poverty, in life and beyond, where we shall meet under Yuenen's stars once more. I shall not seek to change you in any way. I shall respect you, your beliefs, your people as I respect myself." Her words merely louder than a whisper thundered through her head as she kissed his hand softly.

"This is my promise to you."

You have not seen death my child.
You have only seen the mask we put on it.
Apollo Freyr

Character Sheet

on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 21:49

THE RISING SUN
sets the horizon ablaze。

This moment belonged to them. It did not matter who was present in the room and who wasn't. This was between them and the Gods now. He had never felt so alone and yet so supported in his life before. He had also not expected it to feel like he felt now. She had unlocked a part of him that he didn't know existed. And he was ready to give it all to her.

Her words echoed through the room after he was done speaking his vows. He listened to them, almost in awe. He knew that she was genuine, that she meant each word that left her lips as she spoke. With her last, she sealed their fate. From now on, they would be together, as one. The cardinal concluded the ceremony. One of his assistants offered him a white ribbon, which he carefully tied around their hands. "By the power vested in me by Solista and Yunuen, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. May the Gods bless your marriage with love and light."

Ceres Freyr
Mini-avatar : This is my promise to you Tumblr_mx2zhnbfQw1s1ma9uo4_250
IC posts : 41
Alias : Wap

Character Sheet
Ceres FreyrAvalance Citizen

on Thu 05 Dec 2019, 22:50
Never trust anyone but your own. Those were the words she had been told from the very day she could understand their meaning. Everyone who wasn’t family, was an enemy. So now that they were expanding their family, did these words still hold true? Could she trust Delaney just like that? Ophelia? And even Rhysand? Was them taking in one of her children, enough to ensure a future together - their families tied for eternity? Ceres knew better than that. They would never be her children, but she would accept them into her home. And as soon as they would betray this trust, she would have them buried underneath.

Like always, Ceres managed to keep every single emotion from her face, a calm in her face that was not found in her eyes. She watched her son as he looked at his wife and for a moment, saw his father in him, reminding the day she herself had stood there. One could only hope that they would start better, that they would find love more easily. That he would love his child, care for it, like Mercury should have done for him. Yet, he had turned out perfect. He was everything she could ever be proud of.

As soon as the pronouncing of husband and wife was done, Ceres finally allowed a smile to appear on her face. She did not speak, did not move. She only looked at her son like a lioness at her cub; with pride in her eyes and expectations in her smile.

Let it all burn down around us
Let the cruel consume the just
Let the sin we swim in drown us
Let the world shatter into dust
Diana Freyr
Mini-avatar : This is my promise to you 4tMYMeI
IC posts : 78
Alias : Demi

Character Sheet
Diana FreyrAvalance Citizen

on Fri 06 Dec 2019, 02:20

The day had come at last. An undeniable mark of change in the course of House Freyr. The alliance between her twin brother and Delaney Rizal would be solidified, and Diana had no idea how to feel about it. The only thing that she knew, was that Apollo seemed happy. She liked to think that she could tell the difference between him feigning happiness and genuine joy. Apollo was the one to tend to hide behind a mask, a cold and distant façade. But she knew her brother. He had a heart, though it was buried deep.

Her back was straight, her chin raised as she watched her brother and his betrothed exchange their vows. Things she could never imagine feeling for anyone, so she could only speculate about their truthfulness. She watched the scene in silence, with an unchanging face. The white-haired woman next to her twin brother was a stranger to her. She could only hope she would be good to him. She eventually cracked a little smile at the words that ended the ceremony, watching the ribbons tie them together, both in a literal and figurative sense. The deed was done, and all that was left now was to celebrate the newlywed couple. The High Lord and High Lady of the Highlands.

i am a creature

of grief and dust and

bitter longings

there is an empty place

within me

where my heart was once
Alec Winchester
Mini-avatar : This is my promise to you FPmWvaJ
IC posts : 136
Alias : Caro

Character Sheet
Alec WinchesterAvalance Citizen

on Wed 11 Dec 2019, 20:25

A marriage. Not some random marriage, no the marriage of his best friend. His brother. A smile was caressing is lips as he had watched the woman he was going to marry walk into the room. A Rizal, another connection to the Carthas family. But most of all a woman Apollo truly seemed to like if he went off on how the man was looking at his soon to be betrothed. The whole ceremony he just looked at the couple hearing those vows made the man grin softly. Yeah, this was strange. Not because Apollo was getting married, cause well from what he had heard Ceres had made sure all her children would be married off in the end. Which was her god given right off course. It was just strange because well, he didn’t have a reason.

But the most important was that his friend truly looked happy and that was the most important thing right? Shortly Alec glanced over to Vulcan who was standing not that far from him. The half-brother looked rather pleased with what was happening in front of them. And as the ceremony ran to a close, Alec would’ve jumped up. But this time around he just stayed up standing, a wide grin placed on his lips. Which was basically the same for Vulcan.

Jupiter Freyr
Mini-avatar : This is my promise to you X10
IC posts : 134
Alias : Jenn

Character Sheet
Jupiter FreyrAvalance Citizen

on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 20:05

Freyrs

This was home, it would always be home. Even when the family fell apart in the good and the bad ways, the walls never changed. Ever since their father died a certain shadow had lurked over this castle. A shadow where each one of them turned out a different version of who they were before. And now all of that seemed to end in a way he never expected it to be. As he looked to his brother he saw in ways his father. There would be nobody on earth he looked up to more than Apollo Freyr. Something moved as he watched his brother pledge his loyalty to the woman before him. He lowered his eyes, looking aside to Ophelia, just for two seconds that short hint of a smile came on his lips before he looked back to his brother.

As the cardinal tied the ribbon around their hands, pronouncing them husband and wife every Freyr in the room had that same hint of a smile. A proud one for house Freyr would never crumble under the world. Jupiter didn’t know the woman he was marrying but know their mother she found something in every choice she made. Maybe Delaney would strengthen the weaknesses in Apollo. Be the light on the darker roads he would walk. He looked over to Ceres, even when she didn’t move he saw that pride. A certain proud they all shared at this very moment.

&  
Ophelia Vigneron
Mini-avatar : This is my promise to you 1uZHbl9
IC posts : 183
Alias : Demi

Character Sheet
Religion: Dragonfaith
Ophelia VigneronAvalance Citizen

on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 23:02

Ophelia had regarded the ceremony with a glimmer in her eyes. Weddings were her weak spot, in a way. It was only a matter of time before the tears of joy would start rolling in. It was a little embarrassing perhaps, especially since the entire Freyr family seemed to barely be able to crack a smile at their Head of House entering holy matrimony with the woman he loved. Lady Delaney Rizal looked absolutely stunning, and Ophelia could hardly contain her excitement as she watched. As they both said their vows, she couldn’t help but shed a few tears. There was nothing more romantic in the world.

Her hand sought Jupiter’s when the cardinal pronounced them husband and wife, gently squeezing in it out of sheer happiness. The matriarch of the Freyr family showed a subtle hint of pride at her son, as did Jupiter and Diana. It was clear to her that weddings were a little different here than in the Evergreen, where they were exuberantly and loudly celebrated. She kept quiet, though, unable to contain her smile as she watched the lovely couple. May the gods bless them indeed.

you are

terrifying,

and strange,

and beautiful

not something

everyone knows

how to love
Manea Winter
Mini-avatar : This is my promise to you 4t6gvwppz
IC posts : 54
Alias : Swaas

Character Sheet
Manea WinterAvalance Citizen

on Thu 02 Jan 2020, 12:33
At least try to look like you want to be there. A sentence that her brother had grunted at her before they had even entered, but Manea had listened for once. Despite feeling a tad out of place, she had nodded as she had felt her other brother’s gaze on her, her way of greeting. Her dark gaze had skimmed over the people who had gathered for the ceremony. A lot of them shared her blood, or at least part of it, but none held that same meaning the one at the front did. Manea was probably the only one in the room that wasn’t as happy as she should’ve been for her brother. This marriage meant change, one way or another, and the raven-haired woman simply wasn’t keen on change.

Her face was, as was always expected of her, a blank canvas, emotions didn’t belong there, they had never belonged there to begin with. She listened to the vows being exchanged and she mentally took note of how content Apollo seemed with the course of events. The ribbon was tied around their hands and her eyes went over the company again, all smiles or in case of their lord commander and oldest brother, full on grins. Even Apollo’s mother smiled, which was a rare sight. For a second, she contemplated forcing a smile, but she didn’t, instead just looking up at the newlyweds. Approval was the most she could give this marriage, which was more than she had been willing to give in the beginning.

Now it was just a waiting game for either of the people present to move so she could also take her leave. Maybe, she’d show her face at the feast later that day, to please her brother. He was, after all, still her brother, still the one she shared an immense bond with, so maybe it was her duty to appear while he celebrated his marriage.

When I see my opponent flinch...
I know I've already won.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum